Has anybody tried the Gerber Carnivore LED + Xenon Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The subject line says it all.
Has anybody tried the Gerber Carnivore yet?

carni1.jpg

{This photograph is not hotlinked; it is hosted on one of my servers}

I've had a couple of emails asking me what the best LED wavelength is to track blood from injured animals that have been shot, and one of them pointed me toward the Gerber Carnivore; a light specifically designed to allow one to track blood from injured creatures. So naturally, I jumped on Ebay and purchased one.

Does anybody else have one of these?
If so, have you tried it on blood?
I'd be rather hesitant to cut myself to the point of minor blood loss just to test this; but if I have a boo-boo that results in minor bleeding, I'll test it at that time.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Tried it *briefly* at SHOT - not too impressed. But I really didn't look at it for more than a minute or so - was rushing somewhere else.

WDR65

Enlightened
A friend of mine just bought one. I was and still am a little skeptical, but we were messing around the yard and turned the led's on one of several holly trees and I was suprised to see the red berries shine like they had some sort of glow paint on them. The berries that weren't ripe anymore did not glow, so it was easy to see the contrast. I thought it was pretty neat.

Incidentally I noticed a similar light made by Winchester at Wal-Mart last week. It only has four led's- two red and two blue, but its only $14 IIRC. I might try one of those and measure it against my friend's Carnivore. I'll be sure to post results if I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.