123 x minimag

lanterna

Newly Enlightened
How many 123 batt? could i stuck in a mini mag?what lamp could i use, even enlarging the syze of the hollow?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 123 will not fit in a mini-mag. They are to large. You might use 3 each "N" size batteries for a total of 4.5v.

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Three 123s are the length of two AAs. You would need to enlarge the ID of the Minimag resulting in an ID that would be dangerously close to the OD. For an alternate light, do a search on Coleman AA.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even if there was enough OD to bore out to fit the 123's, it would destroy the threads where the tailcap screws on.

But don't feel bad, you're not the first one to think of doing this..
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I did a write-up in this thread that describes how to build a 2AA/3-123 Coleman mod. The Coleman was chosen because it was the only economical light I could find that possessed the required attributes to make the mod work.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, what are N batteries?! I tried engergizer's site but couldn't find anything about them. Are the lithiums?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
A "N" battery is kinda like a shorty AAA. They can be found most anywhere in the US. The last one I bought was from a grocery store.

axolotls

Enlightened
I use 3N in my AA Mini Mag with that really bright Cyan-Green LED in it. Nice and bright enough for nighttime use without disturbing others

TheMenace

Newly Enlightened
three N's around 1/4 inch shorter than 2 AA's, what do you use to fill the gap?