Are we having more jeers post nowaday?

desmondpun

Newly Enlightened
I am not sure is this just my own perception. I feel that jeers post was almost unheard of few years ago. Now it seems to me that we have a lot more. What's been going on? I think it's quite sad.

cy

Flashaholic
totally agree... I've always felt a Jeers post should be used only as a last resort. after several attemps at resolving issues, using all available means of communications.

sadly not all posters of Jeers have exhausted all private channels first.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something has to be done to alert members to potential problems.

I have 3 open issues going on at the same time, now...

LunarModule = 3.5 Chrome Head $250 (Under his name and about to ship) - MIA and No Reply

Emilion = Nextorch Saint HID $250 - Broke for over 3 months, returned to HK, No Repair-Replace & Won't Reply

Randman = A2 $96 - Multiple Stories, Multiple Ship Dates, Tons of Ignore, on and on...

I've had some great sales lately too :grin2:

What to do?

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
Yes I've been burned recently... it seems burns are up in the last year here on CPF.

Jeers are not 'an option of last resort' -- sellers with habitual bad habits should have their crap called.

If someone 'typically' miss-describes an item, or always seems to go MIA in the middle of a transaction... even if they make it right in the end a jeers post could be warrented just to let others know what to expect.

cy

Flashaholic
Lips, that really stinks! looks like you have been getting more than your fair share.

if you paid with paypal. don't let 30 days go by without reporting non-receipt of goods. paypal will size funds and/or put pressure on other party to perform.

if seller has any type of shipping confirmation, then you have no recourse. you do need to report before 30 days. you can always go back later to change PP complaint status.