Jetbeam Mark II in my hands!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of information has already been posted in this thread.

Here's a recap of the changes:

Glow in the dark tailcap switch cover (looks yellow in normal light)
Glow in the dark ring at end of reflector behind lens
No more glow paint in grooves on sides of AA case (empty grooves)
Click on for "normal" output (65% of max, PWM)
Click off, then click back on within 2 seconds to change modes
OR soft-press switch anytime while on to change modes
2 second or greater pause after clicking off resets the sequence
Mode sequence: Normal, Low, Max, Strobe, Off
Strobe is VERY annoying - like Gladius/Striker strobe
The mode change soft-press can be very quick. After clicking on I can get it into the strobe in less than 1/2 second (really!)
The flat side panels are a little smaller
The square checkering around the tailcap has been replaced with diamond checkering.
The laser etching looks more refined.
Diferent belt sheath. Looks more like the Fenix now instead of the original with flap. I prefer the original, but with the flap the tailcap GITD is covered up.

It is supposed to work with all the old battery tubes - haven't tried it just yet. I received the package last night, but the SHTF (90+ deg. outside and house AC died , car had to go into the shop... when it rains it pours.) and I'm finally getting to play with it this morning.

Full review with output, runtime, etc. will be coming soon.

EDIT: Just tried the 123A tube from the Jet1 - it fits, but, it just barely screws on enough to cover the highest point on the O-ring. Not good. Looks like you may need a new 123A tube to fit the new head. I'll bet it's because the electronics in the head moved the contact plate back on the threads a bit.

The 2-AA extention tube fits fine.

Doug P.

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
someone needs to make a 123 tube compatible with the clicky.... it doesnt seem bright enough on the AAs for 3 stages.

-david

Last edited:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
someone needs to make a 123 tube compatible with the clicky.... it doesnt seem bright enough on the AAs for 3 stages.

-david
Absolutely. And an RCR2 tube to make up for the longer head.

vortechs

Enlightened
cheapo said:

-david

Have you tried getting a CRV3 battery and taking it apart to get two 3V AA-size cells?