SUREFIRE 9P MOUNT TO SCOPE

boz

Newly Enlightened
Hi All, I'm new here, sorry if this question is in the wrong section. I want to mount a Surefire 9P to a telescopic sight and would like to know if anyone makes these mounts. I know Surefire do mounts that go on a picatinny rail but I really want the light on top of the scope. Thanks.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings and Welcome to CPF!

I don't know if SureFire's Classic Mounts could do that on a scope, but on the barrel I know. Maybe some others here may be able to assist you.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

boz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks CHC. Nothing on the Surefire website that goes straight on to the scope and I don't want to put anything on to the barrel. Maybe I'll get more replies.

rabbit

Newly Enlightened
boz said:
Hi All, I'm new here, sorry if this question is in the wrong section. I want to mount a Surefire 9P to a telescopic sight and would like to know if anyone makes these mounts. I know Surefire do mounts that go on a picatinny rail but I really want the light on top of the scope. Thanks.

Is that a break barrel or under level air rifle? Have you try mounting it on the side? I think 9P will be too heavy, try a G2.

Last edited:

boz

Newly Enlightened
Hi Rabbit, the gun is an Anschutz 17HMR, not an air gun but a bolt action rim fire rifle. I'm sick of the huge spotlights I have to use for lamping rabbits and their clumsy attachment systems. I want something small, lightweight and neat. I thought the 9P with a Turbo Head will give me enough light to work out to about 50 yds. If the 9P doesn't work out I'll try the M4. What do you think?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Well, you might as well go with SureFire's Leopard Light MU Hybrid series then as Paladin stated.

boz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that. What exactly is the Leopard? Is it a variation of the M4? Sorry if I appear ignorant but I am new to Surefire lights. I have seen it advertised but I do need to know what it is as it's not shown as the Leopard in the Surefire broachure. I assume it is Surefire??

juancho

Enlightened
Boz,
This may not be what you are looking for, but I think that you will be happier if you mount a lenght of Picattiny rail (available from Bravo Company) to the left side of your rifle.
Them you can put any light you want there, from a 6P to a 9 P or a M-4 by using a Weaver type ring for 1 " diameter bodies, (like all the Surefires mentioned)

Or use one of the Cabela's lights with the turbo head, like I am doing now.

Now, if you rather don't drill your wooden forearm, the Picattiny rail can be attached with Velcro over a base of camo tape (or masking tape) you just need a couple of rubber bands to stabilize the set up.
Like this:

remingm4andpicattiny.jpg

It have the advantage of been detachable and completly removable without hurting the wood.

You may want to read this post of my search for a light for long distance shooting

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=523808

longrangetorches.jpg

P. M me if you want to go this way, my opinion is that the Leopard light is too expensive and don't have enough reach.
Regards
Juan C.

Paladin

Enlightened
I was not actually advising he get the Leopard light, merely making him aware that SUREFIRE does make the hardware to attach ANY 1 inch light body to a 1 inch or 30mm scope tube.
The rubber bands speak for themselves...:lolsign:

Paladin

juancho

Enlightened
Paladin.

Hmm, most of us that have nice looking rifles, don't want to spoil them drilling holes in nice wood or hanging hardware from a scope that will look out of place during the day.

The Picattiny rail can be screwed to the rifle OR can be attached with velcro over a base of tape, the rubber bands are to stabilize the mount when the heavy flashlight is on.

After the night hunt is over and the rifle is going to be back in the cabinet, the velcro come off just by peeling the camo tape off.
The trade off of having to lousy rubber bands on the rifle for a few hours during the night hunt is not that hard to bear.

weaponlight.jpg

velcroandpicatiny.jpg

It can even be attached using the inexpensive Weaver base for the Remington 7400 or the Marlin 336 ($6 or 7 for the base about $16 for a couple of Weaver rings)

Or if you want to drill holes a #45 Weaver base can be attached leaving only a small add on in the forearm of the rifle.
Just like the first two long guns here.

gunlights.jpg

These are a few of the options for somebody that don't have half a grand to spend in a shooting light.

By the way those 3 lights in the above picture are TACM III (two 123 batteries 105 lumens) and much better throwers than a 6P or 9P due to a bigger and smooth reflector.
They will easily reach up to the 50 yards needed in this case.

Juan C.

boz

Newly Enlightened
Many thanks Juan for going to all that trouble, pictures and all. I think I'll do what you suggest and go the picantinny route and as the gun is a dedicated night hunter I will screw a length of rail to the forend. Thanks again youv'e been most helpful.

juancho

Enlightened
boz,

MI#03 is the tactical rail I have used, it cost $19,50 and you can get it at Bravo company
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Tactial-Rail-s/59.htm

I suggest you mount it to the left side of your fore-end, then will be easy to push the switch of the flashlight with your thumb or press a remote pad.

The G&P remote switch works very well with the Cabela's light (it is really a DigiLight) the G&P remote can be get thru Lighthound for about $20.00

G&P switch

gp_tapeswitch.jpg

Here is the 12 volts Cabela's light that I bought for $50.00 I also got the turbo head and I think that I paid $25.00 for it, it comes with the lamp rated at 225 lumens.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0034557516961a&type=product&cmCat=searchFeat&returnPage=search-results2.jsp&Ne=2510&noImage=0&Ntt=flashlight&Ntk=Products&QueryText=flashlight&Ntx=mode+matchall&N=4958&trueNum=44

Any one inch ring for Weaver type bases will fit the 1" body of the light and the rail, I use Leupold Quick Detach Weaver style rings because I like the rugged looks and the practical lever.

Here is a view of the Leupold rings.

scopes.jpg

You should not be concerned about recoil because you are shooting a 17 caliber, where recoil is nil.
My Cabela's set up mounted on a Mini 14 have taken the recoil and vibration very well.

Best wishes
Juan C.