United Kingdom. Mag-Leds at Argos. 2AA & 2D.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
United Kingdom. Mag-Leds at Argos. 2AA & 2D.

For the UK posters, Argos have just brought out their new catalogue with the 2AA and 2D cell Mag-leds.

Prices are £40 ( $75 ) for the AA and £50 ( $93 ) for the D cell. ( For our US friends, yes, that's right 93 bucks !!!)

However, none of the stores have them in stock yet and the spec's quoted with the items are wrong. For example, the " Maglite 2D LED" cell states " Requires 1xD battery" though this is corrected in the online version and if you look closer at the photo online it's a computer generated image.
The AA blurb states the length as 28cm so this is either wrong or it's the 3AA version ?? Also, the picture is of a standard 2AA Mag.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: United Kingdom. Mag-Leds at Argos. 2AA & 2D.

do you mean mag led drop-in`s or mag-led torches.

I could only find mag-led torches, no drop-in`s.

do you have a link.

thanks.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm... that seems a bit pricey to me even for UK prices :shakehead

The mag-led just seems like a cheaply constructed add-on to the maglite with poor heat sinking. If the mag-led had good heat sinking and maintained the maximum output throughout it's battery life, it would definitely be worth the money. I would get one. In fact I'd get two. As it is, I just don't think its worth that kind of money.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast

Damn that is expensive!!! I could buy you a 2D or 3D and send it to you for half that much or less depending on shipping.

markbUK

Newly Enlightened

For heaven's sake don't do it £50 for 2D has got to be a bit of a joke, but I bet they will sell over here as nobody knows any better, I've upgraded all my Mag lights to LED anyway, as some of them had been sitting in a drawer for years.

There's plenty of other things to spend the money on

Mark

leduk

Enlightened

You can get a 3W drop in for much less shipped from the US.

You could even build a ROP for less.

A 3W regulated 3C Nuwai ALX-233C can still be had for £15.99 plus p&p.
What's the point of this silly overpricing of a mediocre product.

$93 almost gets you a close out HDS 40!!!

Cheers

Scared of the dark

Newly Enlightened
Mag AA LED AVAILABLE

:rock: For all you UK folks The Mag 2AA LED is in the new argos catalogue in silver for the shocking price of £39.99. They also have the 2D LED at £49.99. So much for maglites being a reasonably priced product. Both products are unavailable for home delivery but can be reserved for store pickup.
If i'm right in thinking the aa isn't even available in the states yet.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mag AA LED AVAILABLE

Darn it... Did you buy one yet?

z-b-i

Newly Enlightened
LED torchs are also available in Tesco under their own brand name. Multi-LEDs are available for D-cell with price about £10 and there is Luxeon AA, single LED (2-AA if I'm not mistaken) for about £20.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
z-b-i said:
LED torchs are also available in Tesco under their own brand name. Multi-LEDs are available for D-cell with price about £10 and there is Luxeon AA, single LED (2-AA if I'm not mistaken) for about £20.

In fact it's 3AAA.

Last edited:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mag AA LED AVAILABLE

Scared of the dark said:
:rock: For all you UK folks The Mag 2AA LED is in the new argos catalogue in silver for the shocking price of £39.99. They also have the 2D LED at £49.99.

Ummmm, Isn't that what I said at the start of this post....

Scared of the dark

Newly Enlightened
Hadn't refreshed my screen after i got into work. Didn't see you thread and created a new one which got shifted in here.sorry for the confusion.

Scared of the dark

Newly Enlightened
YEESS!!! (maybe not)
Just off the phone to argos home delivery. they say the aa mag led is in stock and that stores will have them within 3-4 days. How can this be?? Maglite are still quoting a release in late august/early september.
AT least I know what i'm spending my extra money on this week.

(Or maybe I've been pestering them too much and they're just telling me that to shut me up)

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you know if it's the 2AA version that they say in the blurb or the 3AA version that the specifications match. ? I'm going from the catalogue which states 30 cm long which I guess is the 3AA version.

dirobesh

Enlightened
I have an Argos store card with a credit limit of £2350 and I'm STILL not going to waste my money on a mag.... :rant:

Scared of the dark

Newly Enlightened
I'm only buying one to replace my current one which has seen better days. Well that's what i'm telling the girlfriend anyway. She wont notice the difference between them.:grin2: