Duty torch PR-24 attachment

OLP

Newly Enlightened
Hi again guys.

Apologies if this is in the wrong area, but I just didn't see anywhere that specified accessories. Mods move it if you have to.

Chances are on a board like this you guys would have seen this, but I thought I'd make sure.

It's a couple of devices used to turn duty torches (maglite types) into pr-24s/tonfas.

The first one only fits d cells but has an on/off button. The second which I bought for my c cell maglite is only an attachment and is not meant to slide over the switch. It turns my torch into a good device but means i have to turn it on with my other hand. I'd imagine a d cell would give better blocking protection, but must be a pain to swing if one had to.

http://www.litearm.com/

http://www.rothco.com/general/index.cfm/fuseaction/itemdetail/item/806/subcat/134/prodid/105/from/left

My last thread was asking for help regarding a suitable police tac/duty light. You helped and I bought a very handy Streamlight Strion. It's great.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
oi, fine country cannot allow you to hold a light liddat one lar.
unless you police or something...

but hey, that thing will be great of a maglite modded with luxeon. really fail safe :)

smoking

Newly Enlightened
chesterqw said:
oi, fine country cannot allow you to hold a light liddat one lar.
unless you police or something...

but hey, that thing will be great of a maglite modded with luxeon. really fail safe :)

keep and use it with some discretion. i'll use it as a light not a weapon.
anyway i got 2 PTF sized batons- one hanging near my main door and another in my bedroom.

OLP

Newly Enlightened
I only have the side handle model. I tried swinging it around and it did slide off, then I tightened it more, tested it and no problem. Touch wood if you really had to use these things they should be ok, but you'd just want to check and possibly tighten things afterward.

As far as being as efficient as a PR-24 I'd have no idea. I've had a go with traditional japanese tonfas but never with a police model. I'm trained with an ASP.

oklalawman

Enlightened
I am a certified Pr-24 instructor, side handle baton instructor or instructor trainer for several different organizations. These are just a plain bad idea.

The side handle baton depend on spin speed for its energy. To calculate the formula it is E=MV2. Since the velocity is squared it is a lot more important than the mass. The heavy weight of the batteries inside DRASTICALLY reduce spin velocity, It also limits multiple strike capabilities as it is very unweildly. With the glass/plastic lense cap you can not use it to jab, not only to mention breaking your light at a critical time). The ones I have played with you can not quickly turn the light on and off and could blind yourself doing spins. I dont know about britan but in the US it could get you sued big time, for hitting that poor misunderstood burglar with a lead filled steel pipe. Personally I would get a tigerlight. Bright light and Oc.

OLP

Newly Enlightened
for hitting that poor misunderstood burglar

I shouldn't laugh. You're right.

Thanks for the input it cleared up a bit. I sort of figured as much. I'd imagine they'd market it on the principle of only using the device to block attacks. But the demo video they show is a whole other matter. No I can't even really spin the C cell one I have very fast and if striking with it rather than blocking I'd probably swing it more like an ASP only holding onto the side handle. Better than nothing.

The Tigerlight looks cool. I don't know what the deal is with big aluminium torches here in Oz for civilians. It's never really been tested as far as I know. I can tell you though that OC spray is not allowed for all bar one state. Even then I'm unsure of this product. It kinda reminds me of an ASP baton with an OC attachment.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
using a torch to hit any1 could void its warranty? y not jus use a PVC pipe? spoil jus throw away... :laughing: