size of amilite's battery tube?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone know the inside diameter of the amilite's battery tube? I am wondering if the protected batteries from qualitychinagoods will fit. it probably wont fit.

also, where is the cheapest place to get 18650s (protected) and a charger?

-david

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, i need 18650s for my u2.... those were to unrelated questions- trying to hit 2 birds with one stone :)

-david

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
AW's thread, AW's LiIon Batteries Sales Thread, gives the size of the cr123 as 16mm. It seems the standard size of rcr123 is 17mm.

I had noticed that if the protected rcr123 looked like it may fit if the metal strip beneath the plastic wrap was not there, which meant it needed maybe about 1mm more in the diameter. So a coworker of mine volunteered to sand the tube by about that much, and it worked. Just measured to confirm and the inside diameter of the tube was increased to about 17mm. The coworker used a dremel type tool to do it.

BTW, the amilite body is a host for the flupic board with white UXOJ, and powered by rcr123.

Last edited:

luxbeam

Newly Enlightened
David,

This is what Kevin of Amicom Inc. wrote me:

RCR123A 3.0 is safe for AmiLIte.
I don't recommend RCR123A 3.6 V, but it can be used in AmiLite.
Please check outer diameter of RCR123A.
Inner diameter of AmiLite battery tube is 16.8 mm.

Ron.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
jeez, that is a thin tube- dont wanna bore it either with my boring. :)

-david

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
Comparing the Amilite tube to the Fenix aftermarket 123 tube, I consider the former to be thick. I also bored out the latter for use with rcr123 on a host L1P with flupic, and it has worked fine so far.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new Protected R123As from Dae fit my Jet1 with ease (slides right out, no pulling, sticking, etc.). My old Protected R123As from Dae didn't fit at all, even after I sanded the sides of the cells a bit. It seems Dae's new cells are purposely made thinner to fit in more lights.