WinRAR is giving out free licenses today!

Donovan

Enlightened
Ran across this a bit earlier today and though I would share...

WinRAR Voted Overall Best Utility for SIAF People's Choice Award
"The people have spoken and voted WinRAR as Best Overall Utility. In order to thank everyone who voted for us and made it possible for us to win this prestigious award, we are offering the WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely FREE."

http://www.win-rar.com/bestoverallutility/

A good deal (free!) on my favorite compression software!

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm.... Seems like the mysql database has been overloaded due to the huge number of form submissions.... :ohgeez: Care to share the link for the download?

Mad1

Enlightened
Nice find. WinRAR is an awesome compressor/decompressor.

May I also highly recommend 7zip. www.7zip.org which is Open Source. :)

tygger

Enlightened
thanks for the heads up. this may be a silly question, but after i've downloaded and installed it, is there anything else i need to do so that after 40 days it doesnt' stop working? or do i just disregard the warning that pops up. thanks.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
gregw said:
I've managed to get mine. I've uploaded it FileFactory.

Download WinRAR 3.51 here.

Ok, so I downloaded it from filefactory and it said, "Correct Registration. Thanks for your support." So, is that it? It just automatically and correctly (legally) registered my copy of Winrar?

tygger

Enlightened
okay, nevermind. i did the same as trashman and got the same message. i suppose thats it?

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the heads-up on this free deal and thanks for putting that copy of the reg key on filefront!

Donovan

Enlightened
The special rarreg.key is the same for everyone so go ahead and use that filefactory link if you can't get into the winrar site. They completely underestimated the demand for this offer and the site has been virtually unusable since. They should have just distributed this to all the major download sites since everyone is getting the exact same reg file.

Luna

Enlightened
Donovan said:
They completely underestimated the demand for this offer and the site has been virtually unusable since.

Or maybe they were hoping for it! ;)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you able to download the file key from file factory without registering to the site? I don't see how and I have tried to register and was told a confirmation email was being sent but it hasn't yet in over a half hour.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing :) I used to have a previous version of WinRAR a few years ago and today I installed it again. Works great and best of all : it's for free :)