Suggestions on a good 2AA LED...

TxTroubleMaker

Enlightened
I'm looking for a new light, any and all suggestions are very much appreciated. I'm currently looking at a Fenix L2T and Elektrolumens XM-3, however if there are others I should consider please list them. I want a light with good throw, 2 stage would be nice but is not a deal breaker, has to run on 2 AA's, decent run time although I do have quiet a few NiMh's, and I'm trying to stay around $100 plus or minus a few bucks. Beam shots of any suggested lights would be nice too. Regardless of what I end up buying, I will also get the MiniMag LED when it is available. Hope that covers it all. I'm all ears folks, suggest away!

Last edited:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sugestions on a good 2AA LED...

I think your first candidate, the L2T, is a super choice. It is reasonably built, is two stage, and has a truly exceptional runtime (especially on low..18hours alkaline). I have several of them now and have no regrets. Good luck with your decision!

TxTroubleMaker

Enlightened

fieldops said:
I think your first candidate, the L2T, is a super choice. It is reasonably built, is two stage, and has a truly exceptional runtime (especially on low..18hours alkaline). I have several of them now and have no regrets. Good luck with your decision!

I am kinda leaning that way, I am very happy with my L1T and P1...

grapplex

Newly Enlightened

grapplex

Last edited:

Krit

Enlightened

I think Fenix L2T is rather flexible for multi-use. Hi level for long throw and rather flood light pattern. Low level is suit for close up light for save battery and nice for your eye.

Fenix L2T vs. Elektrolumens XM-3? Definitely Fenix.

L2T
throw: 31.62u
output: 30.20u
NiMH runtime(2300mAh) 2 1/2 hours

XM-3
throw: 21.2u
output 18.0u
alkaline runtime 1.5 hours, 25% below anticipated.
NiMH runtime: unknown

The L2T has almost 70% more output, sleekier body and good regulation.

cary1952

Newly Enlightened

Fenix L2P with the extra 1LP body for $42 shipped from the Fenix Store. Nicer beam color than the L1T/L2T series in many peoples opinions. Regulation is equal or better than L2T. Longer runtime and output is about the same. Just my 2 cents worth.

cary1952 said:
Fenix L2P with the extra 1LP body for $42 shipped from the Fenix Store. Nicer beam color than the L1T/L2T series in many peoples opinions. Regulation is equal or better than L2T. Longer runtime and output is about the same. Just my 2 cents worth.

L2T is brighter and major difference is the addition of low setting.

TxTroubleMaker

Enlightened

So it would seem that the general consensus is to take the L2T.:sold: Okay, another question now, how does the L2T work with a CR123 body? Is this even available for the L2T? Thanks for all of the input!

carrot

Flashaholic

Let me just say, I love the L2T. I already have plenty of lights that could potentially fill the niche that the L2T does, but the slim shape of the L2T and the fact that it uses alkalines make it a winner to me. It is possible to have a CR123 body for the L2T, and 4sevens may be able to get you one. He operates Fenix-store.com

john2551 said:
My Nuwai X-3 has more throw & output that the L2T: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_x-3.htm
It is also only $35! Built with the porcupine style hand grenade body.

Is the reflector larger than L2T? That would be a cause for better throw. So depending on the OPs size requirement and whether he needs the low/hi feature, Nuwai X-3 and the L2T are two good lights for him to choose from.

They both stomp all over the Elektrolumens XM-3

aceo07

Enlightened

grapplex said:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/126927

If you're considering the L2T consider the LiteFlux. Similar performance, smidge longer, about the same price shipped but comes with a 1xAA body and the low is much lower, probably with a much higher low beam runtime than L2T (no test results yet). Many CPFer's have complained that the L2T low isn't really low and therefore higher than necessary for tent lighting, house navigation and reading, etc.

Where is it possible to get the LiteFlux? I was told their own website requires a user id which part of the national id system.