Whats behind your avatar?

Orbit

Enlightened
Whats behind your avatar?Mine is a drawing a mate did of my vehicle.
and my sig line is my tail gate art.
Whats the explaination for yours?
I see alot of hidden meaning behind a few of them...or perhaps i just read to far into images, As they say a picture speaks a 1000 words.

ORB>

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Golly, Orbit, Your tailgate art looks kinda familiar!

How the heck did you do that????

Have been thinking of changing it, but I don't know to what.

Last edited:

Orbit

Enlightened
Air brushed it on there.

it's a little distorted due to the size reduction, but yes it should look familiar.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang, that's amazing work!... A hundred times more impressive than the original photo, considering the skill required. I've seen a few pretty good scenes airbrushed on vehicles, but never anything close to that realistic. :wow: :thumbsup:

I was hoping that there was some company that could do some sort of large, semi-transparent decal from a photo or something....

If you ever get over this way and drive through town with that, people's jaws will DROP!

Orbit

Enlightened
There is 327hours of work in it. The badges (and sticker) are brushed as well, the idea was to have it look like a reflection, getting the right base, then right paint mix to be get the reflection look, along with getting the right colour depth took ages.
The image was projected on to the panel and "copied" so the skill wasn't in drawing it as much as making it look decent.
i've been trying to find out who actually took the photo but buggared if i can find the thread.... i just hope it wasn't right protected. So if you can point me in the right direction of the owner of the photo i'd be appreciative.

ORB>

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
ME took that pitcher....

(That's why I made the original comment)

It is copyrighted, but no worries, I'm not going to sue you ;)

Man, I'm just in awe of the job you did.... And here I thought it was pretty impressive on coffee mugs..

Actually, it is a composite panorama of three shots taken about 100 yards from my house.

Several CPF people asked for the big file of that photo... I didn't keep a list, so I assumed that you were one of them... If you did that from just the little one that was posted, then I'm even more impressed.... The composite TIF file is about 100mb if I remember correctly, and the PNG compressed one that is on some stuff over at my cafepress shop is about 40 megs, I think.

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orbit, that's an amazing sigpic. Truly amazing. :goodjob:

As for my avatar, I went into Celestia, "traveled" to our Sol, and took a screenshot. I then edited it in Paint (yes, Paint, not PhotoShop) to crop it and shrink it to 80x80.

Didn't take me anywhere near 327 hours, though. :huh:

Orbit

Enlightened
I thought so...:ohgeez:
the one i got was 1.5mb (not sure where i pulled it from in the end)...i wish i'd had the 100meg one....:awman:
It's an awesome photo. I hope you don't mind.
I will brush "origional photo by silviron(or if you PM me your name i can put that there) and copy right for what ever year."
BTW it wasn't just me, it was a mate and I, no way could i do it by myself.
The hardest part was the foreground...the colours were SO hard to match from the low res copy...we didn't really come close but if you haven't seen the origional pic it looks like it's ment to be that way... is the high res version still available...if it is i'm keen to have another go at it, as i'm really not stoked with the foreground and it's now dented:awman: ...have a look just past the middle on the right....

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geeze, you want to go do it AGAIN????? I'd be glad to send you a nice blank tailgate 'canvas' for you to do it on if the tail gate from my 2004 Ford F150 would fit... and you could just send me that 'practice' one you already did. ;) :D

Yes, I can send you a higher resolution file... I can't find the really big one right now, but I have a 10.7 MB Tif handy.

PM coming.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris, you feel like your're running arround in a square? lol. If your avatar was a circle I would understand. :)

My pic came from an email some time ago. The rats are inside of a snake looking at a map like what shopping malls have. The map shows a pic of ths snake's stomach and says "You are here".

I thought it was cool that the rats had a flashlight :) Tried to shrink it with some crappy windows program and the whole thing came out fuzzy. :( Don't know where the original is now. I may change the avatar soon for a different one.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I run around in a square but Matt drives a Frod:laughing: Circle square no dif as long as I'm running around it. at least I'm not standing still:grin2: .

C

Latest posts