What flashlights are used on CSI?

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've only ever seen a bit of one episode of CSI but it looked like a streamlight stinger (incandescent)

a99raptors

Enlightened
That's what they use as their personal light I think. They still bring out the Surefire M4 from time to time....

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have used _a lot_ of different flashlights on CSI. There should be several threads about it already.

Once CPFer Robban is done building his page movieflashlights, you should be able to find that kind of information really easy.

carrot

Flashaholic
I dislike CSI NY and CSI Miami, so I can only answer questions about Vegas --

They use Streamlight Scorpions as their "personal" flashlight that is carried on each one's vest.

They use Surefire M4 Devastators in most episodes, however during season two about half of the episodes had Streamlight Ultrastingers.

I've seen every episode of CSI Vegas thus far and have seen an Inova X5 only once, what looked like a rechargeable Brinkmann Maxfire (once!), a UK 4AA LED light once, and a Maxabeam several times.

The funniest thing is in one episode you see them holding a Maxabeam in a cave, but then when it cuts to what they're looking at from behind it appears they're using a Surefire M4 Devastator.

carrot

Flashaholic
Flashfirstask?later said:
They have used various lights on CSI such as said the Surefire M4 Devastators, Streamlight Ultrastingers/Scorpians but there was one episode where Catherine used a MII Flashcam.
I remember that. It was the Firefighter rapist ep, where a camera crew was making a reality TV show with the CSIs.

TornadoKat

Newly Enlightened
winny said:
They have used _a lot_ of different flashlights on CSI. There should be several threads about it already.

Once CPFer Robban is done building his page movieflashlights, you should be able to find that kind of information really easy.

The last news on the site is dated September 2005... looks like an abandoned project to me...?

Robban

Enlightened
TornadoKat said:
The last news on the site is dated September 2005... looks like an abandoned project to me...?
Not really abandoned. More like lack of interest from the public heh. 80% of what the user is supposed to see is already done but I need to make admin functions (which I hate to do cause it's reaaally boring) as doing administrative work directly in the database can be a bit tedious.

Lack of interest from others -> lack of motivation for me.

clipse

Enlightened
The other night my wife and I were at a dinner function and they got to talking about flashlights. I was trying not to look too much like a geek so I was keeping a low profile. One guy said,"They use those little maglites on CSI." My wife looked at me and smiled while I tried not to scream. :ohgeez:

clipse

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made a similar remark about a dozen or more years ago, after working at a civic event. I think it went something like "I wonder what those flashlights were, that the Secret Service was using, they looked too bright to be a Mini Mag" (they were Sure Fire 6Ps).

clipse said:
The other night my wife and I were at a dinner function and they got to talking about flashlights. I was trying not to look too much like a geek so I was keeping a low profile. One guy said,"They use those little maglites on CSI." My wife looked at me and smiled while I tried not to scream. :ohgeez:

clipse