U2 with McR-27L?

grnamin

Enlightened
U2 owners... If you're able to unscrew your bezel to expose the LED, I wonder what the beam would look like if you have a McR-27L sit on the Luxeon V LED. I'd try this myself, but I no longer have a U2 to play around with. I'm wondering if the McR-27L would be a better reflector than the U2's stock one.

Don, have you ever thought of manufacturing a head to couple a McR-27L to the U2 for purely experimental purposes, of course. :D

Kiessling

Flashaholic
It is relatively similar but not better IMHO. I prefer the U2 reflector, but it is significantly bigger, too ... all good things come at a price.

Luna

Enlightened
How would you change it? The refelctor and center section are one in the same. If the effort to machine that section were taken, I'd rather see a turbo head :)

grnamin

Enlightened
Luna, I'm not sure how I'd go about it. Just wondering what a McR-27L's beam would look like with a Luxeon V (as in the U2). McGizmo might, as one of his experiments and since he's aptly equipped, venture into making a 27L bezel that mates onto the LED holder section of the U2. :D

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
grnamin said:
Luna, I'm not sure how I'd go about it. Just wondering what a McR-27L's beam would look like with a Luxeon V (as in the U2). McGizmo might, as one of his experiments and since he's aptly equipped, venture into making a 27L bezel that mates onto the LED holder section of the U2. :D
AWTYD and EricMack have Ti Versions of the 27LT that were prototypes that are equipped with X-binned LuxV's. From what I hear they are amazing. :goodjob:

Here is Troy's pic, looksd like he's got 2 of em.

July72006TiCollectionTB.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts