• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mini-Mag, Exotic Wood cover, limited open existing lights

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have re-opened this at http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/sho...referrerid=4688 for existing mini-mags I have. I will not be making any more of these in the near future. These are lights that I made during the run.
Please note - Saturday cut off.

I have decided to offer these truly unique Mini-Mags for sale. Making these is very time consuming due to the exact nature of fitting the wood pieces to the Mag body. These are not sleeves that fit over the parts, like the wooden pens that are out there. Each Mini-Mag has the body and head cut down creating a long groove. The wood is actually 2 halves that are temporarily held together and bored out to the diameter of the grooves in the body and the head. These pieces are then cut to the exact length of the grooves. Once the fitting is complete the wood is epoxied on the Mini-Mag aluminum head and body. These pieces are then turned down on the lathe. The body is just a straight cut across, slightly larger than the aluminum body. The head is first rounded, then shaped by hand to get that tapered look on the head. The pieces are then sanded 1200 wet or dry give a super smooth finish, then a coat of lacquer. A little more sanding – and a finish coat.

The Maglite colors would have to be what is currently available.
They are black, silver, gray, red, blue, dark green, pewter(bronze looking color, plus $8.00), violet, hot pink.
( I do not want to do collector colors for this project – every once in a while my lathe gets hungry and decides to eat something)

The wood I have available for this is:

Bird's eye maple, wormy red maple, purpleheart, walnut, butternut, beech, oak, hickory, zebrawood, ebony($$$), ash, birch, rosewood($), cherry,
I don't have cocobolo($), but I can get some if necessary. If there is some other wood type that some one wants, I should be able to order it

(To get an idea of what these different woods look like go to www.constantines.com on left - click on veneers, then click on flitches OR click on hardwood/lumber then rough OR exotic. The veneers are not suitable for this work,.)

Each one of these will be hand crafted and not like any other

I am going to limit this initial offering to the first 20 people who sign up. This will be a pre-pay using paypal. Payment with in 48 hours, Paypal info sent upon request.

( Please include you user name with the payment. Also make sure that address is current or verified. thanks )

Pricing –

The first one will be $43.50, shipping first class with delivery confirmation, to the US included. The second to the same address will $41.50. International orders will be priced on a case by case basis.

Due to the high cost of some of the wood. I will add the following to the basic cost.
Ebony $4.00
Rosewood $2.00
Cocobolo $2.00

I can take a picture of the light and the wood together prior to doing any work, I offer this because some wood colors will look better with some of the Maglite colors

How long will this take? I have a limited number of Maglites here and most of the wood listed above, some of it in very small quantites. I figure a 2 week turnaround for what I have available. I don't have Cocobolo, that would have to be ordered and that would take an additional week or so.

Questions – Suggestions – send me a PM

Mag color Wood color User paypal received

1 silver zebra cmacclel paypal-yes
2 silver zebra modamag paypal-yes
3 silver rosewood modamag paypal-yes
4 silver cocobolo modamag paypal-yes
5 silver zebra sanseiryu paypal-yes
6 silver zebra sanseiryu paypal-yes
7 silver zebra sanseiryu paypal-yes
8 silver purpleheart auroralite paypal-yes
9 gray ash auroralite paypal-yes
10 gray ebony Dfiorentino paypal-yes
11 silver zebra flex76italy paypal-yes
12 silver zebra braddahbill paypal-yes
14 red cocobolo Dfiorentino paypal-yes
15 silver zebra sizzlechest paypal-yes
16 open zebra sizzlechest paypal-yes
17 silver zebra geologist paypal-yes
18 black rosewood aileron paypal-yes
19 pewter ebony aileron paypal-yes
20 silver zebra fishman paypal-yes
20 silver zebra sanguri paypal-yes
20 pewter butternut archangel paypal-yes
20 silver zebra happydestiny paypal-yes
20 gray ebony future order hold
20 silver cocobol regentag paypal-yes

I would like to end this Thursday, August 3 so I can order the mags and some additional wood.

The one in the front is Zebrawood on a sliver Mini, the back is Purpleheart on a gray Mini

zebra.jpg

Last edited:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mini-Mag, Exotic Wood cover, interest only

Very nice! I'd be interested in one with Ebony on either a pewter/grey or black MM. What kind of price are we talking about?

-DF

dragoman

Enlightened

I would like red oak on a red Mini, and ebony/dark cherry on a black/grey mini...

What is price range?

dragoman

Dawg

Enlightened

Awesome. Think of it. You have a really nice knife with wood scales. You can now match up a Mini Mag to it. Cool!

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have not set a price yet - part of that will be the number of pieces I end up doing.

Before I make any color/wood combinations I will show the uncut wood next to the color of the mag, take a picture and sent it along.

I have oak here, I have to see if it is red or white, - most likely red.

I also have cherry. Cherry is a nice closed grain wood, but soft.

I have pine, cedar, redwood and poplar - but I would not use these.

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, that Zebrawood is gorgeous! I'm curious to see how the other woods will look. Interested, depending on price. I'm not much of a Minimag guy anymore, but these might be the exception.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mini-Mag, Exotic Wood cover, SELL

Changed from interst to SELL

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great job will, :twothumbs

I'll take three total. I don't know the wood type yet. I'll let you know when I'm more I get more info.
PM me your PP detail when you're ready to accept payment.

Last edited:

sanseiryu

Newly Enlightened

Very beautiful, I would be very interested in three zebrawood. And more down the line if you decide to continue production.
George

AuroraLite

Enlightened

I will take 3, one is the purpleheart with silver minimag, and the others I shall let you know once I know more about the wood.(I will update this very same post to reflect the choice) :)

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, count me in for (1) pewter/gray minimag with ebony.

:grin2:
-DF

:paypal:

Last edited:

flex76italy

Enlightened

Hi, i'm interested in a MM silver zebrawood, please PM me your pp address....i'm interested also, to see the other wood cover.

Thanks.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I added this to the first post

Bird's eye maple, wormy red maple, purpleheart, walnut, butternut, beech, oak, hickory, zebrawood, ebony($$$), ash, birch, rosewood($), cherry,
I don't have cocobolo($), but I can get some if necessary. If there is some other wood type that some one wants, I should be able to order it

(To get an idea of what these different woods look like go to www.constantines.com on left - click on veneers, then click on flitches OR click on hardwood/lumber then rough OR exotic. The veneers are not suitable for this work,.)

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mini-Mag, Exotic Wood cover, SELL closing August 3

I would like to end this Thursday, August 3 so I can order the mags and some additional wood.

PM me if you have any concerns/questions

thank you

AuroraLite

Enlightened

Will,

For my other order, I would like to have Ash with gray mini(#9), thank you! I will pp you the remaining cost for wood/shipping once it is sorted out. :)

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

AuroraLite said:
Will,

For my other order, I would like to have Ash with gray mini(#9), thank you! I will pp you the remaining cost for wood/shipping once it is sorted out. :)
this is what ash would look like - the part above the blue paper is the approx size of the barrel.

ash.jpg

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

It appears that the silver/zebra combination is the most popular - I have to agree -