my first Headlamp!

VT-Metal-VT

Newly Enlightened
Hello people!

i've red a lot of review on flashlightreview......but i need an headlamp that runs very very good with rechargeables (because i don't wanna damage my rechargeable cells).......i saw the review of the PT yukon extreme....but the reviewer said that is not very good with rechargeables.......:(

i like one that has a good runtime and resist to water (heavy rain)
help me!

thx!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Petzl Myo HP that will run just fine on NiMH. I aslo recently bought a PT Apex that also can use NiMH. Both have good points. The PT has more options on light levels but the Petzl is lighter weight. The PT, I belive, is listed as waterproof? The Petzl is listed as water resistant.
I hope this helps.

CLHC

Flashaholic
What sunspot said regarding the Princeton Tech and the Petzls. I have the Petzl Tikka XP and it does hold up well in the rain. I'm running 3 AAA DURACELL NiMHs with no hick-ups whatsoever. The Princeton Tech EOS and Apex as mentioned above may suit you just fine.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

VT-Metal-VT

Newly Enlightened
sunspot said:
I have a Petzl Myo HP that will run just fine on NiMH. I aslo recently bought a PT Apex that also can use NiMH. Both have good points. The PT has more options on light levels but the Petzl is lighter weight. The PT, I belive, is listed as waterproof? The Petzl is listed as water resistant.
I hope this helps.

but has the apex a circuit that could save the Nimh to the complete discharge?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both headlamps have a LED battery indicator. Green to Yellow to Red. I don't know if they have a low voltage cutoff circuit.
I am still on the first set of batteries on my Apex and they are the supplied alks. When they die, I will switch to Energizer 2600 Nimh at twice the run time.
I do run the Nimh in my petzl and noticed it dimmed to about half bright and did not cut off but the LED indicator was in the Red mode. That was good enough for me.
Ask away if you want to.