Inova LED Torch Mount

shoeminator

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Well, after suffering the slings and arrows of using halogen light systems on my bicycle (read: blown bulbs at VERY unpleasant moments/bad rain issues/weight of NiCd or NiMH packs etc.) I've decided to take a plunge and get a pair of Inova t4's to handlebar mount. The advantage being I can use them for non-bike things if required.

Question is:
- Is there a handlebar mount system for tactical torches or will I have to make one myself ?

Cheers....

Mark

shoeminator

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm,

I've seen these but using webbing to secure a light worries me a bit.

What I'd love would be:
Aluminium construction (or steel)
- bar mount solid as a brick out-house (won't move) and locked into position with bolts or whatever. where I could set the elevation.
- light mount relatively quick release (wing-nuts or equivalent)
- an azimuth adjust (like the bar mount, done with bolts etc. for a semi-permanent adjustment)

idea being
- I can use my torch to find my bike
- then mount the torch it on the bars with a minimum of fuss
- and when mounted I have it still in the position I've previously set it up for.

I'm playing with the idea of making this up myself using aluminium blocks and a drill press but if I could save the time and buy a pre-fab I'd be excstatic !!! (chasing a 2 year old daughter soaking up a lot of time currently).

Cheers....

Shoei

carrot

Flashaholic
Let me take a picture of my "ghetto" flashlight bike mount. I'll post it in a sec.

202396034_4a4cdc6422.jpg

Ignore the background, it's just junk in my garage. The usage of screws is not a problem for me because I always have a multitool in my pocket.

Pic was taken using a diffused Fenix L1P for lighting.

Last edited:

shoeminator

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmm,

I've no doubt the ghetto version works (and 10/10 for good thinking) but I might see if I can refine the concept a bit ;-)

will send photos if I go down that path

Cheers...

MArk

Latest posts