Blackout tonight!

dragoman

Enlightened
Hi,

Some guy hit a transformer up the street with his car and the whole neighborhood was out for 3 hrs or so.....

Lights went out, I sprang into action:

1) 2D Mag with Nite-ize on the kitchen counter - bounce mode

2) 3D MagLED my carry around light

3) A2 around my neck, LEDs on

4) wife got my X5 and Dorcy Super 1W 123

She went to her parents with the baby and the puppy where the AC worked, I stayed to "tough it out"

Went for a walk around the neighborhood, was a surprising number of people outside just sitting. Talked with a few people who managed to get through to the power company and got some details.....walking around it turns out I knew more than almost anyone just from walking around talking....

Lights I had on me: A2 around my neck, LEDs on so that passing cars wouldn't miss me, spare batts in my pocket

Carry light - Mag85....totally blew a guys mind with this one, he had one of those 6V spotlights that his neighbor lent him......he was shining it up in the air and down the block "Hey man, look, 3 blocks away and I can still light up that stop sign......."

Then speaking to me, spying my 3D mag..."Hey you should get one of these, man, stop messing with Maglites......they're junk"

I said, "Yeah, you're right" and then lit up the entire street to the T-intersection about a 1/4 mile away.......his jaw dropped.

"whoa......that is a bright f**king light.......that's a Maglite?"

:D :D :D

Lights came on about an hour ago or so :(

Only gripe: wish it had happened in the fall, hot as anything outside....

dragoman

SlotCAR

Newly Enlightened
Ah, the joys of my 1st blackout.

I tail-standed two Gerber Infinity Ultra's to light up the house.
It was the turning point for my wife who now says ...
"Not to bad of a hobby after all" ...

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
<She went to her parents with the baby and the puppy where the AC worked, I stayed to "tough it out">

Rough translation for non-CPFers...

I got rid of the missus and stayed behind in order to play with all my toys for a few hours...
au.gif
...it was bloody brilliant!.
biggrin.gif

CFU

roguesw

Enlightened
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awesome!!

Casual Flashlight User said:
<She went to her parents with the baby and the puppy where the AC worked, I stayed to "tough it out">

Rough translation for non-CPFers...

I got rid of the missus and stayed behind in order to play with all my toys for a few hours...
au.gif
...it was bloody brilliant!.
biggrin.gif

CFU

dragoman

Enlightened
You got me.....I wasn't going to waste it........

One of the guys in the neighborhood saw me walking around carrying the light.....said "what's up?"

I replied "Just enjoying the darkness"

Confused look in response.....I kept walking.

:D

Good times, good times....

dragoman

Bogie

Enlightened
Same thing here I had my Gerber UI around neck L2 in pocket (EDC) neighbor says somthing while I was at my truck so I pulled out the Costco HID :grin2: