Storage options for A/V cables

bexteck

Enlightened
I do a bit of amature DJ'ing and I am looking for a way to store and carry all of my short (5ft) RCA, 1/4", S Video and other cables. Right now, I just toss them in a box, which works ok except that I need to dig through all the cables to find one, and they tend to get tangled.

I am looking for some sort of carrying case that would hold each cable seperately. Something with a bunch of elastic loops, designed for carrying flashlights or knives might work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a product like this, or share your own thoughts on how to manage the cables?

Thanks
-Blake

Mad1

Enlightened
Maybe cut up another box and use the parts as dividers?

I had a google but I couldnt find a dedicated product. :huh:

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
I'll ask downstairs next time I get a chance (I work for a TV network - I'll ask the grips what they use)

One big one - invest in your choice of lots of velcro wraps (they use those), or as another choice (what I use for my ham cables) - buy a roll of "12 cord" and learn how to tie the right knots - yeah, not reuseable - but a lot more versatle, and cheap enough - just cut the string when unwrapping, and tie again when packing

bexteck

Enlightened
Some interesting ideas, thanks guys.

I like the hard case option with the adjustable dividers. In the meantime I will try to find a big roll of velcro for cables.

I've got a new computer's worth of parts arriving tomorrow, so putting it together and setting it up will take some time. The cables will have to wait for a while.

thanks again
-Blake