So are you gonna get a LiteFlux?

Spordin

Enlightened
5-star review for the LiteFlux LF1 at http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/liteflux_lf1.htm

Choice of 1AA or 2AA (w/ extension). Will run on Alkaline, lithium, rechargeables. Runtime is less than L2T, but output is a bit better. The clickie sounds nice and simple--has momentary and 2 power levels.

Anybody have one or getting one? Think there was a thread a while back, but wondering if anyone has updated info/thoughts.

Spordin

Enlightened
BTW, the power levels are operated by twisting the tail, not by doing a tap dance on the clickie. I like that!

aceo07

Enlightened
I would IF I could. Their website didn't allow me to create an account to make purchases unless I had an ID (which is I don't have).

I really like the regulation it has on an alk battery.

victory

Enlightened
that's pretty neat, i bet output with a 14500 LI cell is very nice. Might be a nifty backup light. Like that it's a regular clickie instead of a reverse like the fenix. and that output is controlled with a twist.

LED Cool

Enlightened
I am using the LiteFlux LF1. the clickie is just superb! its operation feels very much like a Surefire Z48 HA tail cap or a Kroll switch. you press in about 1mm to turn on, press in a further 1.5 - 2mm to click on. it is not easy to accidentally click on the light as it takes some effort.

2 stage works AA/2AA/14500 with the low output corresponding to the type of battery usage. tint is white with a hint of cheese yellow (TXO,TWO?). machining is good and has a fine sand blasted finish (claimed HAIII).

LED Cool

Spordin

Enlightened
LED Cool, how did you get yours? Ace says he's had problems ordering on the website??

Good info on the clickie. Possible clickie issues are what's held me back from the Fenix so far. If I get a clickie, it's gotta be reliable!

mchlwise

Enlightened
Looks like a nice light and appears to be comparable with Fenix and JetBeam.

I'm certainly not jumping on the bandwagon any time soon, though.

They've apparently got some marketing things to work out still, I'd like to see a good number more reviews and posts on real world experiences on it, and I'm not liking that it's a good 1/2 inch longer than Fenix/JetBeam/Huntlight, etc.

...and speaking of Huntlight, that's another apparent competitor to Fenix/JetBeam that I'm waiting for a little more word about as well as a better dealer. :candle:

LED Cool

Enlightened
IMHO LiteFlux is comparable to fenix and jetbeam only in terms of output and batteries compatability.

from the point of ergonomics/operation aspect, LiteFlux offers
a true clickie and single hand 2 stage output without changing your grip/hold on the LF1.

one may get a L2P/L2T plus a L1P/L1T body and switch between the 2 bodies. but that takes 4 steps to complete. i.e. bezel off, bezel on, tail cap off, tail on.

LiteFlux LF1 takes only 3 steps to switch between AA & 2AA. tail cap off,extention tube on, tail cap on. same goes for Jetbeam

Fenix L1T fully tighten length is 91mm.
LiteFlux LF1 fully tighten length is 98mm.

difference is only 7mm (0.275"). this extra length is to accomodate the clickie switch.

LED Cool

Last edited:

aceo07

Enlightened
Based on FLR's review, I like the high/low, better regulation and battery options. I love the fact that it comes with the extension tube.

If anybody find a place that sells it or finds a way to buy it from their website, please let us know.

I HATE how extension tube are so expensive. I can understand small modders/resellers charging the high price since the volume is so low and they don't get a discount and it's their time. For the higher volume companies, they're charging over $20 for a tube that couldn't have cost that much to make. :p I never feel like buying the tubes since it can cost as much as a new light..

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
nakahoshi said:
What exactly is the benefit of the battery tube? 5 Min? I know not everyone will be using primary ALK but still, seams a bit weird to me.

:huh2:

1AA = 25 lumens
2AA = 46 lumens

Nearly double the output with the same runtime. More throw also.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, i understand now. I thought it was the same output! If thats the case, then thats a pretty good light.
-bobby

Spordin

Enlightened
A google seemed to turn up a lot of Asian sites, so maybe their U.S. marketing is still under development?

lightplay22

Enlightened
Sure would like to know how to place an order. Hard to believe you must have an act of congress just to place an order. HELP!

yekim

Enlightened
lightplay22 said:
Sure would like to know how to place an order. Hard to believe you must have an act of congress just to place an order. HELP!
I would love to know the secret as well.

sysmax

Newly Enlightened
I just notice the power control circuit of JET-I MK-II is IC-controllable PWM.
but LiteFlux,It seems only resistor in the tailcap...lots of energy will waste...

Last edited:

aceo07

Enlightened
The Jet-I, while I do like it, is also more expensive. The regulation isn't as good, though I understand it's not bad either. Also, they don't include the extension tube. :)

I'm impressed by LED Cool's review of the clickie on the LiteFlux.

aceo07

Enlightened
sysmax said:
I just notice the power control circuit of JET-I MK-II is IC-controllable PWM.
but LiteFlux,It seems only resistor in the tailcap...lots of energy will waste...

I just checked out FLR's review on both at high output level.
JET-I has 18.0 output and 1:08hours to 50%
LiteFlux has 18.2 output and 1:03hours to 50%

The LiteFlux has a much flatter runtime to 50% too.

Their low levels are not the same, so it's hard to compare.