hand hurts

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was playing fifa world cup with some buddies, and when someone scored on me, i punched the footrest playfully.... it was padded- or so i thought. Unfortunately, there was maybe an inch of padding, and then a metal bar.

anyone else get videogamerage?

-David

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You probably just bruised it, but if you're not sure and/or have concerns, you should contact a health professional, or if you're a minor you should let your parents know. If you're in college, it would probably be a good idea to stop by the student health service. If you have a regular physician, a telephone call might be in order (may not require a visit.)

Asking for medical advice on an internet forum is about the only thing that is more ill-advised than asking for legal information.

cheapo said:
i was playing fifa world cup with some buddies, and when someone scored on me, i punched the footrest playfully.... it was padded- or so i thought. Unfortunately, there was maybe an inch of padding, and then a metal bar.

take a look at your right wrist. Now, on the left side, there is a bone that sticks up.... i hit that bone. It sorta hurts... should i just put it on some ice?

it hurts most when i push down on my ring finger knuckle. put some ice on, its ok... i'll give it a few days.

-David

dragoman

Enlightened
lol.....reminds me of my Madden 06 injuries.....*I still say he should have caught that damn pass.... :)

dragoman

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I refrained from making any comment about that part of it. :lolsign:

ABTOMAT said:
Getting injured while playing a video game is surely on some kind of "Top ten signs you..." list.

Woods

Newly Enlightened
Too funny!~ I smell a troll! Surely you wouldn't be posting this in seriousness....nah no way.

Good one! :laughing:

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
I punched a wooden dresser during an argument with my girlfriend... I was trying to make a loud noise to get her attention while she was yellin'... Well the dresser is wooden, but the handle that my ringfinger and little finger's knuckles hit was brass... I think they call it a "boxer's fracture"... That was in 99', I took the cast off 3 weeks early and it still ain't right... and still hurts a little... :awman:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i had fracured a bone before... and the reason i posted was to ask if there was any way to know whether or not i messed up a bone, or whether it was a bruise. There is no swelling at all.

you should see me when i'm playing battlefield 2 and i am sooo close to getting a kill- I take out my "videogamerage" on my desk. :)

-David

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Years ago for some reason I thought termite nests (the big brown things) were made of soft dirt. I passed close by one one day and decided to punch it. :ohgeez: It felt like punching sharp, brittle stone. :shakehead. I lost some skin that afternoon.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're probably OK, put some ice on the hand and wait for tomorrow,if there is no swelling you may only have a bruise, probably you hit a nerve in the hand and hurts like hell, I once hit my inside hand by the pad of the middle finger, I hit a nerve and had very localized sharp pain that went away in about a month, I could move all my fingers ok and there was no swelling or dark bruise but it was just painful to the touch.

Hope you get better.
AlexGT

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
I'm always sure to aim for parts of the sofa with lots of padding. What I usually do though is slam the controller on the ground....then quickly check it to make sure it's still working! :whistle: Hope your hand feels better!

Woods

Newly Enlightened
Hey , another BF2'er! I've been taking a break and playing Red Orchestra...have you checked it out?

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although my friends thinks I'm very calm and have a certifiable low blood pressure, things around my desk can occasionally meet my fist when I'm gaming.
You know those old generic made in China-keyboards which actually had some feeling and weight put into them... I can happily report that they can stand some serious abuse. Punching your fist into one with everything you have got from a sitting position does not kill them. One or two keys might pop up but they can easily be put into place again.

keyboard.jpg

Anyway, I think videogamerage falls under the same category as road rage. When you extend yourself though a car or videogame, your personality change, often to the worse.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woods said:
Hey , another BF2'er! I've been taking a break and playing Red Orchestra...have you checked it out?

red orchestra?

-David

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
winny said:
Anyway, I think videogamerage falls under the same category as road rage. When you extend yourself though a car or videogame, your personality change, often to the worse.

I agree, I am a totally different person during my 40 mile, one way, trip to of from work. I prefer to think of it as not aggressive, but offensive driving. :grin2: