4-cell MagLED in 3-cell light?

webster223

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a 3D MagLite and a 4-cell MagLED replacement bulb. I would like eventually to add a 4C MagLite and a 3-cell MagLED bulb to my collection, but that will have to wait: The Boss thinks I've bought enough lights this year.

Given my current MagLite/MagLED combo, is there a downside to running the 4-cell MagLED in a 3D light? Reduced output? Ruined LED? Batteries leaking?

I could always sleeve 4 C-cells and run the 3D Mag that way. But I have a boatload of D-cells already, so if the 4-cell MagLED can run well on 3 D-cells, that would be my preferred solution.

Thanks,

webster223

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ummm.... Unless you bought that Mag LED module at Home Depot, why don't you just return it to the store and get a 3 cell module? If you did get the module from Home Depot, you'll probably be happier shelling out the few extra dollars and getting the correct 3 cell one from Wal*Mart, Target, or whomever might carry the 3 cell version of the module in your area.

webster223

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, it's from Home Depot. Not a big deal to keep it; I'll end up with a 4-cell Mag eventually. If mixing & matching voltages is a no-go, I'll just sleeve the 3D.

Thanks,
webster223