Zone alarm copmatibility

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Zone Alarm pro compatible with Bit Defender (anti-virus)?

Right now i have zone alarm and mcafee--and zone alarm won't upgrade because the new version is not compatable with mcafee. mcafee sucks i says, so if i have to get rid of one of them it willl be mcafee.

Any one know for sure if zone alarm pro latest version is compatible with bit defender latest version?

cerbie

Enlightened
No, I don't know, but I doubt it will be problematic. If you're concerned, you can always try other AV apps (Avast!, AVG, etc.) that are not costly.

BTW, yes, get rid of the McAffee software. What you'll want to do, as well, is look at what network protection is offered with the AV client, and see if it is competing w/ Zone Alarm (it shouldn't be, but...).

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to the $900 class I took last week, pick one, make sure you keep it updated and just stick with one. Otherwise, you're likely to encounter issues where one "fights" with the other one the whole time...best scenario, it will drastically slow down your system...worst case...neither one works...

YMMV.

JM-99

Empath

Flashaholic
The free version of Zone Alarm uses the "vet" antivirus engine, which is the same engine used in the eTrust antivirus. The plus version includes an antivirus program, which is eTrust under the Zone Alarm name. There should be compatibility with eTrust antivirus, but with other antiviruses, I wouldn't guarantee it.

Mad1

Enlightened
357 said:
Is Zone Alarm pro compatible with Bit Defender (anti-virus)?

Right now i have zone alarm and mcafee--and zone alarm won't upgrade because the new version is not compatable with mcafee. mcafee sucks i says, so if i have to get rid of one of them it willl be mcafee.

Any one know for sure if zone alarm pro latest version is compatible with bit defender latest version?

It is my understanding that they are different programs so why would they interfere with each other?

If you have a stand alone anti-virus solution then turn off the AV inside Zone Alarm, you shouldnt run two AV programs at once the same goes for FW's.

Latest posts