Anyone know about "longer" lights?

Illum

Flashaholic
Are 12C kel-lights and other 12 Cell lights are now parts of collections and no company makes them anymore?

as far as I can search the 6D is the longest possible light created in existence...but of course, I can always be wrong..

Anyone know about longer lights?

Im thinking of it as....clothe hanger grade :laughing:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could always get a custom one...

Ask the machinists if they could make a tube for the Mag85 that holds the AA cells (or C, or D, I guess) in a single line, rather than in something like one of Fivemega's carriers. Even if it was in AA form factor, it would have to be necked up to the head and tailcap, though, so it wouldn't be very slim. Could be interesting.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be a trivial machining operation to machine one Maglite tube so it screws onto the tailcap section of another Maglite. Then you could build a stock-looking Maglite in any length you want!

Illum

Flashaholic
longer usually means thicker cuz it could bend by the weight of the batteries...especially if your messin w/ Ds

:thinking:

scott.cr said:
It would be a trivial machining operation to machine one Maglite tube so it screws onto the tailcap section of another Maglite. Then you could build a stock-looking Maglite in any length you want!

use it for temperary water pipe replacements if the threads are the same as PVC :grin2:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the one that you're thinking of is the 26 inch baton replacement that Kel-Lite made. It actually used 5 C cells with a spacer for the remainder of the space, it wasn't intended to use 12 C cells. I'm not aware of anyone offering them other than Kel-Lite, and don't know of anyone who actually ever bought one, though I did see it in the police supply stores back in the early 70's (around '73 maybe?)

Illum_the_nation said:
Are 12C kel-lights and other 12 Cell lights are now parts of collections and no company makes them anymore?

as far as I can search the 6D is the longest possible light created in existence...but of course, I can always be wrong..

Anyone know about longer lights?

Im thinking of it as....clothe hanger grade :laughing:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the '70s several police flashlight companies made 7D lights. Mag was the last, probably out of production by the late '80s. Someone may have made 8D or longer customs, but I haven't been able to confirm it. Kel-Lite made several lengths of baton flashlight, the longest of which was 26".

The longest stock flashlights were probably made in the '30s. I've seen brass or tin lights up 10-12 D-cells.

You can also get a type of flashlight (like Brinkmann 5-3-2, Ray-o-Vac sportsman, or Nordic) which use screw-together sections. Make it as long as you want.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
TigerhawkT3 said:
You could always get a custom one...

Ask the machinists if they could make a tube for the Mag85 that holds the AA cells (or C, or D, I guess) in a single line, rather than in something like one of Fivemega's carriers. Even if it was in AA form factor, it would have to be necked up to the head and tailcap, though, so it wouldn't be very slim. Could be interesting.

Hmmmm.... 9D cell Mag85, that would have some killer runtime, not to mention that you get a good workout lugging it around....