Bit of help for the ignorant, please

reticulatus

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Please excuse my lack of technical knowledge. I am looking for answers to questions i'm not sure i fully understand as of yet, but i'm getting there so please bare with me:huh2:

Ok so in essence i am looking for 2 LED's. The first must operate at 360nm (no higher than 400, it must provide UVA) and the second must operate at 290-300nm (need to be close to this as they must provide UVB).

I need the UVB led to produce close to (but no more) than 400uW/cm2 at a distance of 12inches.
The UVA needs to produce close to (but no more) than 150uW/cm2 at the same range.

So my question is, do these exist? If so what sort of money am i talking about?
The next question would be, is there a manufacturer out there that does small projects that would help in the design of a small (100x300mm) unit to put these bulbs into effect in the manner i am looking for?

Thanks in advance:popcorn:

Paladin

Enlightened
Streamlight has a version of their 3C tasklight with UV LEDs.

http://www.streamlight.com/tt3c_uv.htm
Looks like 375nm and 390nm. The black body has three and three, the titanium colored body has six 390nm UV LED's. Would 390nm cover your UV A requirement well enough? I've been considering this light for "Scorpion Safari's".

Paladin

ETA: You might look into changing the Streamlight LED's to ones with the correct nm output, if such LED's are even available.

reticulatus

Newly Enlightened
Paladin, thankyou for your response. It has just occured to me this is in the wrong place as i am not looking for a flashlight:dedhorse:

Sorry for wasting your time,:awman:

I am now off to search for a forum better suited to my needs............

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
umm...300nm to 290nm 5mm leds are VERY VERY costly. i think it is a few hundred dollars.

360nm is also costly. how ever price is not known to me.