question on fenix(es)

teststrips

Enlightened
I have been looking at the fenix store + have some questions.

The L1T - would it be safe to use a 14500 li-ion with this light? Do the two stages still work? Do the CR123 bodies work on this light?

L2P - there's a bundle that inlcludes a L1P body. Would this be safe to run with a 14500? Wou the L2P head with a single Alkline battery still put out decent light?

Any Fenix - single AA model - are there any GOOD pocket clips for these.. not looking for something similar to a pen clip.... looking for something like is on quality pocket knives - http://www.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/spyderc/images/29steel.jpg

Last edited:

mchlwise

Enlightened
teststrips said:
L2P - there's a bundle that inlcludes a L1P body. Would this be safe to run with a 14500? Wou the L2P head with a single Alkline battery still put out decent light?

I bought this package and it's a great little light. It runs 14500's fine. On a single alkaline battery, it puts out just as much light as the L1T or L1P, but has better runtime than an L1P.

It's a great deal, pretty comparable to a JetBeam, just $20 cheaper.

I wrote a review of the JetBeam which includes some comparison with the Fenix L2PonL1Pbody if you want to check it out: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/124853

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
teststrips said:
Do you have a pic of this clip on a fenix (or a jetbeam)??

Are we talking about - http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/gerber_infinityultra.htm

I see several different clips when I google image search... Is this the most common one?

Sorry about jumpin' in here greenLED, but I happened to already have a photo handy.

That's the one. Here it is on my JETBeam and L1P. I used my Dremel to trim down the excess metal above the clip so I could place it as high on the tailcap as possible for lower carry in my pocket and so it would fit on the tailcap. I also had to bend the clip part so it would slip over the thick pocket of my jeans and slide all the way to the top of the clip without binding.

DSCF0606ars.jpg

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
srvctec said:
Sorry about jumpin' in here greenLED, but I happened to already have a photo handy.
:twothumbs :thanks:
It was Ousana's pics that I was thinking about, as we had recently discussed this same topic on EDCF.

teststrips

Enlightened
greenLED said:
:twothumbs :thanks:
It was Ousana's pics that I was thinking about, as we had recently discussed this same topic on EDCF.

Missed whichever thread that was. Did they discuss sources for the clip in that thread? I'd prefer to not have to buy a $25 dollar light just to steal its clip.

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking the same thing when I read this Greenled....

I bought the light (18 bucks I believe) on here, just watch the B/S/T... they are there fairly frequently, and only about 20 bucks...

it's a nice light, my wife loves it cuz it doesn't wake her up when I move around the house.

Simple Man

Newly Enlightened
Here is mine with the IU clip, I dremel'd mine down a bit further.

Ousana, thanks to you I have sent GreenLED an order.....:goodjob:

teststrips

Enlightened
the pictures are really making me want one of these clips... so sources? I'd rather NOT buy the whole light, but if there is no source for just the clip - i'd appreciate a good source for the light.

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
Simpleman... for some GID orings? I love em.. got one in the body, and one around the clickie of my l1p ....

got one under the lens and in all the grooves in the body of my dorcy super 1 watt.

got one on the clip, through the lanyard hole and back onto the clip of my spydie delica 4 wave, got one on the clips of my cmg infinity and benchmite.

My wife wears one on her finger to keep her wedding band from falling off when her fingers shrink a bit (she's preggers, so all kinds of weird flucuations)...

not to mention on all the light pulls in my house for the ceilng fans :)

back on subject.. I LOVE my l1p... I keep thinking about ordering a l1t so I have 2 lvls, but I probably won't. Really thinking about an orb raw for a multi level edc light (probably neck carry if I get it).

Simple Man

Newly Enlightened
I called Gerbers toll-free CS line on their website ;) and asked nicely for a couple IU clips. I was straight up honest with them, told them I was working on a project that I thought their clips would work well on. They sent me two out and I got them in a week or so, no charge.

Here is another thread that covers the subject well.
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1490456#post1490456

Ousanas, yup O-rings. I feel for you, we've got two boys. They say the pregnancy is worse on her, but I'm still not sure. :duck:& run God bless

Back to the o-rings, what size do you have on the Fenix, the 7/16"/(11mm) or the 0g/(7.9mm)? I ordered a sample pack to be sure.

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
I had the 7/16", I like the 0g better... tighter fit so it doesn't roll off. I have a 7/16" over around the tail clickie, it fits snug enough for there, the 0 g would too, I just like the tightest I can get on the body so I don't lose it.

Simple Man

Newly Enlightened
Slick idea, I hadn't thought about the clickie. Glad I ordered the Sample pack. ;)

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
yeah, wish I could claim the idea, but I saw it on someone else's, might have been greenled's actually.. :) it's nice.

Latest posts