LEDs and Sign Manufacturing.

GrooveRite

Enlightened
I work for a sign company here in Manhattan and I came across this as I was going through our companies email. It looks like a new company from Miami, Florida is looking to use LEDs in sign manufacturing. I know this would be of no use to anyone here on the board (unless you are looking for a sign with LEDs) but thought it was interesting none the less to share with you all.

http://www.lumiron.com/

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
GrooveRite said:
I know this would be of no use to anyone here on the board ... but thought it was interesting none the less to share with you all.
http://www.lumiron.com/

Actually I have a strong interest in suppliers of Superflux LED boards. (I need a new supplier) Unfortunately their site is a ghastly trackless maze of XHTML. I wrote to them, maybe I'll get an actual human response...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Ken_McE said:
Actually I have a strong interest in suppliers of Superflux LED boards. (I need a new supplier) Unfortunately their site is a ghastly trackless maze of XHTML. I wrote to them, maybe I'll get an actual human response...

They also need to do some spell-checking on their site...

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work in a connected industry and many are going to the led display boards for bill boards as they can display multiple signs on the same spot. Kind of like a large flat panel display, viewable in day or night.

THeres one on highway 95 near exit 70 something I believe South near the vertical rectangle philip morris sign.

Sign of the Times is a sign industry magazine that mentions lots of sign technology.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
My parents purchased an Open sign that is powered by Led lights, got it from office depot i think

AshA4

Banned
I too am in the Commercial Sign business (8 years) and LED technology in signs isn't all that new. The only job we did with LED's wasn't that impressive but it satisfied the customer. It's hard to beat the visual impact of neon but finding a good neon guy is becoming harder and harder these days.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
cobb said:
I work in a connected industry and many are going to the led display boards for bill boards as they can display multiple signs on the same spot. Kind of like a large flat panel display, viewable in day or night.

I maintain some of those systems. It's the main reason for my screen name.

SemiMan

Banned
I would be concerned about how long those white superflux last. They are encapsulated in epoxy typically.

There are several companies who do this sort of thing. Gelcore, Sloan, U.S. LED, Allanson, etc.

Semiman