Wilycon vs. (Nichia NPSW500BS)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Wilycon "Ultra White" 5mm round
This is a 5mm round LED in a water-clear case. Brightness was measured at 7070mcd at 20mA, and the beam angle appears to be in the 15° range with a noticeable bluish central spot.

and the (Nichia NPSW500BS) have only 4,000mcd.

does this mean Wilycon "Ultra White" 5mm is brighter?

any comments? if u were given two of these choices what would you purchase?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Guys,

I believe the MCD ratings here may be misleading. For one, the NSPW500BS of Nichia has a 1/2 theta angle of 20 degrees so it is a wider dispersment of light than the other LED. More important is the 4000 mcd stated for the Nichia is likely underselling what you will get. To my knowledge, most of the Nichia's out in domestic circulation are either R or S rank. You can expect a range of 4800 (low value for R rank) to 9500 (high value for S rank) mcd from the Nichias. Page 2 of NSPW500BS.PDF will show the specs referenced here.

- Don

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
aerosmith9110- Thanks for the post! If their specs for the T1 3/4 WW503YJ-C super white (8000- 1000mcd) are honest, They would indeed be brighter that Nichia's fare. Unfortunately, they don't seem to list any U.S. distributors.

Larry

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by tvodrd:
aerosmith9110- Thanks for the post! If their specs for the T1 3/4 WW503YJ-C super white (8000- 1000mcd) are honest, They would indeed be brighter that Nichia's fare. Unfortunately, they don't seem to list any U.S. distributors.

Larry
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">im not sure what is the part number but do you know what the led museum mean by "Ultra White" 5mm round?

and upon visiting wilycon's website what does it mean by with perfect beam? without perfect beam? (i'm Just a newbie on LED's.. btw i just finish my second project a cole man clad 2aa with 8 led's but i'm not sure which brand i use cause here in the phils it quite hard to find a store that sell's ultra bright white LED's...