LEDWAVE X-33 LED Flashlight ??

Mad1

Enlightened
I've used the Ledwave x-33 Its an awesome 2 stage LED light.

It looks like the Nuwai TM301-X3 but its got type III HA.

Its 45 lumen's on high and 15 lumen's on low. It's got plenty of throw and flood for its size.

Nuwai http://www.lighthound.com/sales/nuwai_tm301x-3.htm
Nuwai http://www.lighthound.com/sales/nuwai_tm301x-5.htm

The Nuwai are cheaper but lack HAIII anodizing.

I personally would get the Ledwave I broke mine by using rechargables in it, but I would get one again.

It mite be best to use a holster and the body grip is quite aggressive and feels uncomfortable in the pocket.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
BudMan - You can buy the LEDWAVE lights from me for a lot less than that!
LINK

Very nicely put together, final assembly is in Spain and they include a nice case.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are LEDWaves actually machined and manufactured by the same company that makes them for Nuwai? They look identical. I'd think they would buy the light from the same mfr and just have them hard anodized instead of Type-II anodized. Cost them a bit more, but they sell them for more also.
I'm also curious if they have the same Zetex circuit in them as the Nuwais.

yekim

Enlightened
My Nuwai tm301 -x3 has no regulation, just a resistor. I am curious to know if the ledwaves are different internally.

I can say that the 2 stages and the size and shape of the nuwai, since these attributes carry over to the ledwave, are really nice. It feels good in the hand and I can't imagine ever buying a single stage LED light ever again.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I have three of these lights.

Some runtimes for these lights were generated awhile back:

batterystation1.jpg

Note that on Hi power setting, it appears that there is some degree of regulation. However, in my opinion the regulation is not particularly good.

On Lo power setting the output is fairly constant; the regulation is much better. And the light runs for more than two days!

The lights body and finish seem to be of good quality though.

Overall I'd rate these lights about 6.5/10 (loses points for not so good regulation).

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
MattK said:
BudMan - You can buy the LEDWAVE lights from me for a lot less than that!
LINK

Very nicely put together, final assembly is in Spain and they include a nice case.

Hi MattK ,
Do you ship to Malaysia with zipcode 47000 for this item which is on sale.
[font=arial, helvetica]LEDWAVE Z-3 Targeter Xenon 9v Tactical Flashlight Z-3, Z3
[font=arial, helvetica]Regular price: $110.00[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica]Sale price: $58.95[/font]
[/font]

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi - Yes we will ship to Malaysia but only via EMS which is insurable and trackable. We've had a lot of problems shipping there in the past and consider it a high risk destination.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt,

Is the LEDWAVE XR-66 Armada brighter than the Inova T4? Is it regulated like the T4? Is the light bright for the whole 100 minutes runtime? Does it fade out slowly or go dead quick? How long is the charge-up time? The ad says "3w" but it also says "luxeon V" which is a 5w. Which is it?

John

Last edited:

m1999

Newly Enlightened
yekim said:
My Nuwai tm301 -x3 has no regulation, just a resistor. I am curious to know if the ledwaves are different internally.

I can say that the 2 stages and the size and shape of the nuwai, since these attributes carry over to the ledwave, are really nice. It feels good in the hand and I can't imagine ever buying a single stage LED light ever again.

Nuwai tm301-x3 should have a DC-DC regulator. Can anybody else confirm that it has no regulator?

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
john2551 said:
Matt,

Is the LEDWAVE XR-66 Armada brighter than the Inova T4? Is it regulated like the T4? Is the light bright for the whole 100 minutes runtime? Does it fade out slowly or go dead quick? How long is the charge-up time? The ad says "3w" but it also says "luxeon V" which is a 5w. Which is it?

John

John,

Sorry for the confusion. The manufacturers catalog and documentation says 5W but it's clearly a mistake. I asked my webmaster to get rid of references to 5W and he missed the Luxeon V bit - it's now fixed.

It is regulated but not quite as well as the T4. It fades out a bit then goes dead.

Burn time is 2.5 hrs on high and 10 hrs on low. This high/low switchability is, to me, the selling point vs the T4 because many professionals - police officers, security guards, maintainence workers like to have a lower setting for things like writing tickets or working in confined spaces - you...they.. don't always want a blazing sun in their hand.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, it's simply someone making the same mistake we initially did - the literature is wrong, the XR-66 is definitely a 3W LED - one look at the emitter and I knew it. I actually spoke with the US distributor and had them call Spain to confirm and indeed I was correct - it's a Lux III T-Bin.

Pretty much everyone selling the XR-66 online has it wrong - I may be the only etailer listing the details correctly - sad,eh?

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very sad that the manufacturer doesn't even know his own products that they sell.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt,

On your website the XR-66 doesn't say anything about having 2 levels hi/lo. All it says is 75 lumens for 100 minutes. Are you possibly taking about another light by mistake?

John

Last edited:

batvette

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any info on which rechargeable batteries would work in the Nuwai 5 watt version (or the LEDwave, for that matter)?

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
john2551 said:
Matt,

On your website the XR-66 doesn't say anything about having 2 levels hi/lo. All it says is 75 lumens for 100 minutes. Are you possibly taking about another light by mistake?

John

I'll have to fix that - I am 100% sure about the high/low (because I just went and checked. :p)