Fenix E1 how is it?....

mega_lumens

Enlightened
Fenix is making a lot of new models for us to catch up.

Just read a review on Fenix E1, and wonder if anyone saw this light yet?

Since it's a single AAA cell light, how does it compare to L0P and other lights in the same category interms of output and run time. I see that it's much cheaper than L0P.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
There are several threads with quite a lot of info. People have had them in hand for a couple of weeks now. About the only negative on this light is the less than uniform beam. Other than that, and in practical terms the beam is not a problem, it's an outstanding light for this niche. Small, brighter than many similar long-running lights, runs longer than many equal or brighter lights. Has good regulation to maintain peak brightness for several hours. I'm wearing mine around my neck right now.

x2x3x2

Banned
If u have use CMG Infinity Ultra for most tasks this could be a good light for u. However take note that the CMG IU runs about 12 hours on lithium, Fenix E1 runs 5+ hours on lithiums of course E1 runs AAA and IU runs AAA but their sizes are comparable. The blue tint on mine is much like my IU. If beam tints and rings bother u, would suggest Peaks instead.

Last edited:

Krit

Enlightened
I have Fenix E1 and it is my pocket EDC light now. It's very good save light but rather blue tint light from LED. Runtime about 3 hours from 1AAA battery is very suit for tiny light.

josean

Newly Enlightened
I received my fenix E1 less than one week ago, so, I can just give my first impressions.

The construction is great. It is very easy to wear anywere, and the light flow is more than enough for such a kind of light. It has a soft bluish tint which I do not mind at all.

I am very pleased with this flashlight and maybe I'll order several others for family and friends.

Tesla

Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
If u have use CMG Infinity Ultra for most tasks this could be a good light for u. However take note that the CMG IU runs about 12 hours on lithium, Fenix E1 runs 5+ hours on lithiums of course E1 runs AAA and IU runs AAA but their sizes are comparable. The blue tint on mine is much like my IU. If beam tints and rings bother u, would suggest Peaks instead.

I believe you meant to say IU runs AA, not AAA.

Pokerstud

Enlightened
I have compared my E1 to my LOP. The LOP is a little brighter, in my opinion. They are both the same size, both quality. Knowing what I know now, and I can only pick one, it would be the LOP over the E1.

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
mega_lumens said:
Fenix is making a lot of new models for us to catch up.

Just read a review on Fenix E1, and wonder if anyone saw this light yet?

Since it's a single AAA cell light, how does it compare to L0P and other lights in the same category interms of output and run time. I see that it's much cheaper than L0P.

Have you tried a search?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Pokerstud said:
I have compared my E1 to my LOP. The LOP is a little brighter, in my opinion. They are both the same size, both quality. Knowing what I know now, and I can only pick one, it would be the LOP over the E1.

*** Edited due to stupidity on my part ***

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered an E1 today. I expect it to be well built and about the same size as my L0P and ARC AAA-P. I would be suprised if my L0P is brighter than my soon to arrive E1.
(I was thinking it could also make a nice gift pack along a with a Civictor)

TornadoKat

Newly Enlightened
mega_lumens,

www.flashlightreviews.com has brightness and runtimes of the lights you ask about. Your answers can be found there.

this_is_nascar said:
??? how do you figure the E1 and LOP "are both the same size"?

Both are single cell AAA flashlights very very close in size... 3" or a tad less in length, similiar diameter.

this_is_nascar said:
Additionally, if your LOP is brighter than your E1, you either got a killer LOP or a piece of junk E1.

The L0P is supposed to be noticeably brighter. It has a Lux 1, the E1 a 1/2 watter. The L0P sucks down the battery a lot faster as a result. Perhaps you are confused about what an E1 and L0P are?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Little confused I think. The 1 hour run time L0P is brighter than the 3 hour run time E1. At least it better be. The bodies are identical. Differant "bulbs". and differant reflector setup. L0P smooth beam...E1 not smooth beam.

Ken

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
TornadoKat said:
The L0P is supposed to be noticeably brighter. It has a Lux 1, the E1 a 1/2 watter. The L0P sucks down the battery a lot faster as a result. Perhaps you are confused about what an E1 and L0P are?

I must admit I had overlooked the fact that the E1 , or ARC AAA-P for that matter are NOT Lux 1 LEDs. Based on this info I would agree the L0P should smoke the E1; albiet with less run time.

mchlwise

Enlightened
I don't have an L0P to compare it to, but I just got my E1 yesterday, and wandering around my yard after dark last night, I was VERY impressed. It's not near as bright as my JetBeam (of course) but the throw for such a small light was incredible.

I've got an Arc AAA-P which nicely and smoothly lights things near it, but I can easily throw the Arc father than the Arc can throw a photon. The E1, on the other hand, throws VERY well.

I'd really like to see a beamshot comparison between the E1 and the L0P.
:touche:

carrot

Flashaholic
The L0P and E1 have different bodies! The E1 has three flat sides on the body and the L0P has six.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrot said:
The L0P and E1 have different bodies! The E1 has three flat sides on the body and the L0P has six.

Maybe you rotated the L0P twice as fast while counting?

Alright...I screwed up.

Ken

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
carrot said:

Yes but a L0P head/bezel will fit a E1 body and still allow the L0P to function as if it had its own body... exterior may be different but interior dimensions and the bodies are similar if not the same lengthwise.... the only difference is the thread length of the E1 bezel will not allow it to function with a L0P body (or threading on L0P body won't allow E1 bezel to function properly)....

I'd did the CPF deed and bought two E1's... One of them has a less than stellar reflector while the other one had a near mirror finish reflector.... guess which one i'm keeping??

Just my 2cents...

cuervo

Newly Enlightened
Mine just came in today.

Something I just did, and would probably work on any twisty-light, is to add PTFE thread sealing tape.

I felt that the head turned too easily so that it could loosen more and more and maybe eventually come off without my noticing. Also, I felt I had to have it unscrewed a little too far for it to not turn on just from pressure on the head as there would be in a pocket full of keys.

I cut a length of sealing tape and then split it with a razor. I added these two layers to the threads, being careful not to cover the top of the light. Now, the light won't turn on from thread-slop when I push down or sideways on the bezel.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like everything about it but the slightly bluish,ringy beam. gets 4 out of 5 stars from me, would get 5 of 5 if the beam was more even and warm like the L0P.

FlashlightPhreak

Enlightened
I just recieved an E1 today. After spending some time walking around with it this eveninig (after dark...) and comparing it to my LOP, I'm impressed!

This is now replacing my ARC AAA-P for sure as the newest EDC.