• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 27LT - Sold

changsn

Newly Enlightened
With all the recent problems with lithium batteries, I've decided to work down my lights using these. To start with, I am offering my 27LT with UX1K emitter. This light is the same as when I received it. Never EDC'd and no problems...Asking $230, nonCC PayPal CONUS. I'm not a good photographer, but there are many pics available in the McGizmo forum. First 'I'll take it' wins...
This light is easily the best thrower, best beam, of all the lights I've seen and will be missed.
Sam

EDIT - Just realized that the asking price is higher than what I originally paid. Now asking $220 shipped CONUS, nonCC PayPal.
Edit - Now $215

Last edited:

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 27LT

Let me help you out here, changsn!

This is my 27LT (it has a Ti Bezel ring, which is likely not included in this sale):

inhand25du.jpg

and I would like to add that this light is a real thrower! The only other LED light that I know of that out-throws this is the Aleph 3 and perhaps some configurations of ArcMania's SFTH Tower Modules. The McR-27L reflector that this light utilizes is, in my opinion, the best reflector ever created by McGizmo. It is a nice and tight beam with a buttery smooth transition between the hotspot and corona. Check this out:

beamshot7zt.jpg

For a more detailed review on how this light compares to other Lux III's, check out this thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/120603

Trust me, guys, this is a great light!! Price is good too!

:thumbsup: WP

changsn

Newly Enlightened

Thanks WP - excellent pics and description, I agree with all of your comments. This is the finest light I have come across and will be sad to part ways with it.

Sam

Fringe

Enlightened

SO you are scared to have two celled lights? I was just getting over this and now more people are making me think again!

I guess I can't blame you.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tremendous Photo!!

...and a great light to boot. If I didn't already own one I'd take it myself.

MSax

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi guys,
I sent Newbie one of these to subject to his venting and event testing. There is certainly a cloud over the 2xCR123 lights for some of us and I would like to know more! There are a slew of 2xCr123 lights that have been around for a number of years now and many put considerably more demand on the batteries than this one does. The number of reported incidents a few years ago was nothing compared to as of late. It really seems like something has changed. I am not convinced that the risk is the same for all lights and all CR123 battery brands. If some testing or examples give me reason to reconsider then so be it. :shrug: I have been shipping these lights loaded with SF CR123's. If I see any indication that this configuration should be considered an undue high risk, I won't sell these anymore, plain and simple.
EDIT: I have seen no reason to stop building these lights to date. I do think it is wise to use only fresh batteries of a known and trusted manufacturer.

Last edited:

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 27LT $220

Maybe it's helpful to add that this light works great with 17670 Li-ion rechargeables. I am now a big advocate of SINGLE-CELL applications, because nowadays, it seems multicell lights have a higher risk of catastrophic malfunction.

Anyways, these cells have good capacity: 1600mAh, which is comparable to 2xRCR123's which have 750 to 800 mAh each (or up to 1600mAh combined). It's just a little less than 2xCR123A primaries which are typically 900mAh each (or 1800mAh combined).

Good luck selling this!

:bumpit: WP

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast

WP, if I don't mistake, combining two batteries will not double the capacity, unless they are combined in parallel !

So, 2xRCR123 will be only 800mAh, since each is 800mAh ! The only difference is that the voltage doubles. If you combine them in parallel, the voltage doesn't change, but the capacity doubles.

That's to say that 1x17670 Li-ion rechargeable should be much better in capacity than 2xRCR123.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

That would be true in direct-drive lights. I think.
I'm just basing my statements on the fact that the conservation of energy holds true,

WP

tino_ale said:
WP, if I don't mistake, combining two batteries will not double the capacity, unless they are combined in parallel !

So, 2xRCR123 will be only 800mAh, since each is 800mAh ! The only difference is that the voltage doubles. If you combine them in parallel, the voltage doesn't change, but the capacity doubles.

That's to say that 1x17670 Li-ion rechargeable should be much better in capacity than 2xRCR123.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 27LT now $215

Man that's a cool looking light. I wish I had the cash. :broke:

I'm surprised no one has grabbed this yet.

MM

changsn, don't drop that price any more! :grin2: It's worth every bit - and more! This is one of the great lights out there! If I didn't already own three of them, I'd be all over it!

This is a GREAT price!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Free bump! Very nice light, too bad im broke too!

Hey Wave Particle, how do you take such good pictures?, what camera are u using and what setup? Did you use a filter or special lighting?
AlexGT

citizenal

Newly Enlightened

I'll take it. Pm info.
Does anyone know how long the runtime is with 17670 battery?

Thanks

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

tino_ale said:

capacity wise, one 17670 at 1600mAh will be the same as 2 R123's at 800mAh each.

Doubling batts will always double the capacity (energy volume)
doubling batts in series will double the voltage but current capacity (max current discharge) will remain the same as a single cell.
Doubling batts in parallel will double the current capacity but the voltage will be an average of the two cells.

Hope that makes sense to ya.

Last edited:

changsn

Newly Enlightened

Sale pending - backup right now is Citizenal.
By the way, many and huge thanks to WP for his posts. Also to AWTYD and MSax and others for the many kind words and thoughts... this is a great forum with lots of wonderful people.
Sam

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have to say that I'm surprised. Very much surprised, i was sure of that, but you make me strongly doubt!!

In my thoughts, when you double batteries in series, you double the energy indeed, because you are doubling the voltage, keeping the capacity (mAh) constant.
When you double batteries in parallel, you double the energy as you keep the voltage constant, but double the mAh.

Maybe we don't have the same definition of capacity. You are talking of max discharge current, which is topic related but not exactly IMHO. For me, the capacity, in mAh, is not the max current discharge, but the amount of electrons that can be pushed by the battery. When two batteries are in series, the electrons that go through one goes necessarely through the second one. This is why the capacity of both in series is the same as one alone. BUT, the voltage has doubled. As the power capacity equals : (current capacity x voltage), the "energy" available has doubled.

Maybe we need some other input? :touche:The more I think of it, the more sure I am about the capacity thing. But you make me doubt now :candle:

edit : after re-reading your post Morelite, I think we agree it's just a matter of words. Not sure though if 2xRCR123 in series (=7,4V; 800mAh) will last as long as 1x17670 (1600mAh).. :huh2:
Morelite said:
capacity wise, one 17670 at 1600mAh will be the same as 2 R123's at 800mAh each.

Doubling batts will always double the capacity (energy volume)
doubling batts in series will double the voltage but current capacity (max current discharge) will remain the same as a single cell.
Doubling batts in parallel will double the current capacity but the voltage will be an average of the two cells.

Hope that makes sense to ya.

Last edited:

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 27LT - Sale pending

WP

Let me help you out here, changsn!

This is my 27LT (it has a Ti Bezel ring, which is likely not included in this sale):

Any ideas where I can get a 27LT Ti Bezel from ?

I bought a Ti bezel from the Shoppe for my PD, but the 27LT is larger and I can't see them listed on the Shoppe.

David

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 27LT - Sale pending

David, Those bezels are very rare, so they wont come cheap if they pop up on BST (look for them in the 75 dollar range). And besides, I think the light looks better without the Bezel!

Ignore WP, he could make a Rayovac 2D Look like something fancy with his "big
shot" camera voodoo.

Enjoy the light!
-bobby