ARC4 REFLECTOR QUESTION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
does anybody know what the ARC4 reflector is made of is it metal or plastic.

if it is metal does it have any coating or is it just buffed metal like the ARC-P AAA.

thanks.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The statement,

"The reflector in machined aluminum with a reflective coating."

..is correct.

Peter

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, the statement had a spelling error. But the idea conveyed was correct. And that is what really matters. :)

Tinderbox,

The reflector is one piece with the head, so it cannot be removed from the head. You can remove the bezel and the o-ring to gain access to the reflector. However, there is no good method for fixing a blemish in the reflector. You can try gently cleaning it with a non-abrasive, lint free, lens safe swab and water. But if the reflector does not improve after cleaning, there is not much more that can be done for it.

This is one reason I have moved away from intergral reflectors in later designs. But even with a removable reflector, a blemish would likely require the reflector to be replaced entirely with a new one.

The reflector consists of a vaccum applied layer of pure aluminum with a protective clear coating over that. The clear coating is fragile. This is why we strongly recommend you avoid touching it at all.

If you want, we can give you a store credit for $160 if you return the Arc4 to us. I assume the reflector failed during normal use, but if not, we will remedy it anyways.

Peter

Last edited:

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello peter.

It`s not bad enough to be returned, it`s more of a mottling and it`s even across the reflector.

I have tried deionised water, and I am quite happy with the results.

Thanks for the offer of the $160 credit, but my ARC4+ would have to be pried from my dead clammy hand.

Looking forward to the NEW ARC-LS.

thanks.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers to both of you, Peter and TinderBox. Peter for his (overly?) generous offer, and Tinderbox for doing the honorable thing. This is what CPF's all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.