SF A2 Porcupine

Campbell

Newly Enlightened
Just noticed over at the "Blade Forum" that there is a SureFire A2 Porcupine for sale.

Campbell

Newly Enlightened
Well get on with it Carrot! I'd never heard of one so just thought I'd run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes. It's on the "Blade Forum" under " Gadgets & Gear"

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
That link to the PIC does not work for me either. AFAIK the A2 Porcupine is a Japan only A2 with aggressive bezel like the E2D.
jc

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
It is a SF A2 with an agressive head [pointy edges], note that it is totally illegal in some areas.

IMHO it is totally over-rated for the price, both the light and the "weapon" head, but value is in the eye of the beholder. I do not wish to get into any arguments about this. As I said - It is just MHO.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashlightOCD,

"note that it is totally illegal in some areas."

Where are those areas? I've carried crenellated bezels through airport security with no problems, so is there somewhere that is more restrictive than that?

Bill

Size15's

Flashaholic
In some countries you can not sell things that are marketed as weapons and you can not carry weapons in public.

The reality is that even in those countries you'd usually only get into trouble for using it as a weapon where your actions were considered to severe (or you were the attacker). You'd be extremely unlucky to meet a Police Officer and get stopped and searched and the Officer realise/prior knowledge that the A2/E2d etc was marketed as a weapon and that you were (through admitting it) or they had reason to believe you were carrying it as such.

Back to the A2-PP - They are highly sort-after collector's items due to the limited production run. People seem to like to collect the 'set' so it would have value to somebody who already has the others.
The others being: U2-PP, L2-PP (and L2-PP in stainless steel) and the L6-PP.

Photo taken by Evan of TAD Gear:
P292.jpg

Photos taken by Shelby Chan:
L2%20Porcupine%20Stainless%20bkbg%20001pks.jpg

PK-0001.jpg

I'm sure that since the U2 and the Kroma share the same bezel ring a K2-PP is going to be possible - perhaps in stainless steel - that would be awesome!

Al

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
sorry about the link. i thought it would work. this is the actual picture from the seller.

porcupineoo2.jpg

deja

Newly Enlightened
I've now listed it here in the Sell forum...come and get it!

dragoman

Enlightened
There was also a 6P porcupine model as well if I recall.....thought I saw pics around the forum.

Of course, as always, I could be mistaken...

dragoman

Size15's

Flashaholic
dragoman said:
There was also a 6P porcupine model as well if I recall.....thought I saw pics around the forum.

Of course, as always, I could be mistaken...

dragoman

I think you are mistaken. SureFire have not released a standard bezel with crenelations (nor scallops for that matter) that I'm aware of.
There are aftermarket bezels though.