2d with 6AA Adapter

pal251

Newly Enlightened
I recently obtained a 6AA battery adapter that I can put in a 2d maglite that was obtained from this threat.

6AA thread
I was wondering what the easiest way to modify it besides what mr. Bulk said. Also where can I obtain a 5d or 6d bulb for it. I looked at wal-mart but they didnt have any just 4d bulbs. Thanks
Online would be OK but I would prefer local type shops. If radio shack has it what part number is it

ledfanfromjuno

Enlightened
Elektrolumens makes good flashlights with these battery holders. Check with him on prices. If you cant do the mod cheaper, you may be better off buying the whole thing from him. He may be able to sell you a 5watt lambertian cyan with optics to use or know where you may be able to get one.

He is now building me a fully focusable flood to focus garrity mod with lambertian cyan 5watt resistorred for use with nimh rechargeable batteries and using 6AA holder. He told me he has to make a custom switch and build a column to hold the emitter for focusing. It's so much work he is charging me $149.

For a 6 D maglite resistorred to protect it from rechargeables and using a lambertian cyan 5 watt either with focusing reflector which really only stay in focus with no flood or with the luxeon optics package, elektrolumens charged me $79.

For a 6 AA modded flashlight like a 2D mag running a 120lumen 5watt cyan optically enhanced resistorred flashlight I don't know what he'd charge? Should be between the two prices above since elektrolumens doesn't have to build a support column for this type of flashlight.

http://www.elektrolumens.com/
smile.gif

pal251

Newly Enlightened
for that price I will go buy a stinger. I just wanted to know where I could get some 5d maglite bulbs. I bought teh adapter from wayne at elektrolumens.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by pal251:
I just wanted to know where I could get some 5d maglite bulbs.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Try Fry's electronics, they sell all the sizes of Mags and stock all the replacement bulbs....

Latest posts