AC powered LED Driver

Alexis

Newly Enlightened

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
sounds like some of those guys from the aquarium (what a wierd hobby!
grin.gif
) would make pretty good flashaholics.

i've never heard of the adapters...sound very nice though

Darell

Flashaholic
I wonder why the label was covered in the aquarium photos? These Xitanium drivers have been out for some time. I've got one powering my 3-LS accent light in the family room. They're easy to use and work great. What else can I say?

Alexis

Newly Enlightened
How much are the xitanium drivers? What is the part number to look them up at future electronics?

I think it was covered since the person that was testing it is not the person that will be selling it, and he wasn't sure if he was allowed to disclose too much info about the part.

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
This type of driver will serve to take LED's into more places presently occupied by traditional bulb technology. I cannot imagine how bright an 18-Luxeon array would be! One Luxeon lights an entire field quite well!
I can see potential applicatons in street lighting, less need to send out a bulbchanger on a regular basis.
Outdoor lighting around the garden or house will be made much easier without the need of specialized cabling normally required for 240V lighting.
Inside the home, lights could be built into the architecture of the building. Portable lights will be more rugged and safer to use.
There will be no more need to have 240V wiring in roof spaces. The whole house would be much safer!
There is also the fact that the same lighting fixtures can be battery powered, so power outages need not be filled with the "where's the candles/torch/etc?..drama. Caravan owners need not worry about finding 240V hookups, but the same lights are happy with car battery and mains supplies.
Glass free lighting would also be a bonus in places where broken shards of glass from shattered bulbs would be a hazard...food factories, kids' bedrooms...just to name a few!
All this could be achieved with a mains powered LED driver! The end is nigh for traditional lighting!