ARC AAA Premium or Aunoc AAAA?

KevlarSix

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a keychain light and I narrowed my choices into 2 very good LED lights. One is the ARC AAA Premium and the other is a AUNOC AAAA light? Would appreciate any feedbacks from anybody here..

Regards,
Ted

tygger

Enlightened
my original Arc AAA-P with roll-crimp fix and no O-ring (from 3+ years ago) is still going strong even though the knurling has literally worn completely smooth and it looks almost completely silver. my new Arc AAA-P is doing great after being on my keychain for about 5 months now. i even removed the O-ring (easier to clean) and it works like a champ. i'd say, go with the ARC. when you need it, it will always be there.

Pixel

Newly Enlightened
buy a Photon Freedom MAX!
It is brighter, smaller, cheaper than ARC AAA. Has better color tint and in addition has many levels and strobe functions.

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
Citroen 2CV or Toyota Hilux? :laughing:

Seriously though, the Arc is so much better and more practical that these lights don't even compete in the same class. The Aunoc is small and cute but uses uncommon batteries and is nowhere near as reliable as the Arc (wich is really not THAT much bigger).

Get the Arc.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If runtime and the use of common batteries is important then get the Arc. If you don't intend to use the light for extended lengths of time and you are prepared to order batteries online, then get the Aunoc.

The runtime of the Arc makes it much more useful e.g. as an emergency / backup light or for reading at night but the Aunoc has more of a WOW factor since its smaller and as bright as the arc. Plus stainless steel looks cool.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might not like its wider (though shorter) dimensions and lithium cell, but the Fenix P1 is very bright, and easily moddable to have two brightness levels (or so I've heard). It's proving quite a popular light.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Aunoc and am a big fan. AAAAs can be harvested from certain 9v, but can be bought through ebay easily enough (i think i bought a lot of 50). The Aunoc is smaller and dive-worthy and will naturally have less run-time. I'm not as positive as everyone else who posted that the Aunoc isn't as sturdy, but because the Arc is larger and has knurling, it will to some degree be easier to operate.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
archangel - how is the finish on the aunoc holding up, after ___ months of usage?

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've only had it for a month or so, but being stainless steel it's tough, and you can always shine it up if you're so inclined.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arcs are built to last...mine looks pretty damn good after several years of keychain carry/use and abuse...never once let me down.

Don't know anything about the Aunoc.

CFU