Anybody try the Gordon hybrid?

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Harbor Fright had this listed in their recent circular:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93112

They had it for $9.99. Has anyone bought one? I like the C cell form factor; it's more comfortable in the hand than the fatter D. I've seen cheap xenon/led hybrid knockoffs before, but they're almost always 3xAAA. With such tiny cells, they can't provide enough juice to properly drive the xenon lamp for any useful length of time. I figure with C cells, it has a chance of having half decent output. The LEDs are just gravy.

I'm sure the LEDs are direct drive, and probably driven pretty hard given three cells to work with. The xenon lamp is probably a... XPR103 equivalent?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a dead ringer for the Streamlight 3C Twin-Task. Even the rings around the body are the same.

Streamlight has these manufactured in China, so these are probably the same re-branded light.

I really like mine, runs forever on the LED's, and has a decent incandescent.

Good head whacker (if necessary) too.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightguy charges $ 31.95 for the SL 3C light.

If they are identical, a real low dollar sleeper here.

Traveler_999

Newly Enlightened
Even more of a bargain. I just went at lunch to pick one of these up from a local Harbor Freights and they currently have it on sale for $9.99. Seems like a pretty well-made flashlight. I also think it is a re-branded Streamlight Twin Task. Can anyone verify the Xenon bulb used in the Twin Task> The package says the replacement bulb# is 51102.

Traveler

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking at a package of two replacement bulbs for the 3C TT.

The bar code reads 80926 51102.

There is no other number on the package. The front of the package identifies the bulbs as 3C repacements.

Traveler_999

Newly Enlightened
Well, now I'm sure this is the exact same flashlight. Cool! Thanks for the heads-up Ty!

Traveler

Pax et Lux

Enlightened
Even tho' the website you linked to now lists these at $12.99, this has got to be the best bargain right now in flashlights - assuming it really is a Streamlight.

I've been looking at the Twin Task series for some time, trying to decide which to get. . . thanks for your post, you helped me decide. You might have saved me a fistfull of money (I say might 'cos I've got to email Harbor Freight to see if they ship this side of the border).