More Light Aziz! 4D and Rechargable Mag

Bael

Newly Enlightened
Help with Mag 4D and Rechargeable

Hello, Firstly I apologize for asking a question that has probably been asked a million times. Unfortunately when I search for topics I never seem come up with anything that will help.

I have a 4D and also a Rechargeable Maglite. I have found that neither are all that good for the work I am now doing. I need to be able to spotlight the far reaches of abandoned warehouses and large open tracts of land but also be able to easily carry the torch and still use it for defense if needed (The rechargeable's globes are very sad). Unfortunately I have two hams for hands so cannot do the fiddly electronic stuff

Ok now for the Questions.
I would like to know if anyone has any ideas of mods and if I can have someone competent do all the fiddly stuff. I can fit and do the rest. I would like to keep the adjustable light feature present on the Mag but ultimately will be satisfied with high penetration.

Well thats about it, thanks in advance for anyone who answers (PS I'm in Australia)
Original thread here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003535

Bael

Newly Enlightened
Just had another thought. What if I perchase a 3C Mag and use the rechargable battery from my other mag with one of the Ledcorp replacement globes? Would I get better "throw" that way?

K

K3LAW

Get a Tigerlight!!!!
I have two of them. they are rechargeable and throw a beam very far.

Bael

Newly Enlightened
Doh! They have been recommended but see the link as to why I don't think the TigerLite will suit my application. Price and defencive capability are my concerns, I spent $200 on the recharge mag so dont want to spend more than $100 on mods. Thats Australian dollars too

TigerLight Pro

Newly Enlightened
Bael,
If you are in Australia I would like to make a rec.

You may not be able to use pepper spray, but the 11" TL can be ordered with an additional end cap that does not have the actuation system. In fact it is the same end cap that is on the 8".

Some places where pepper has been prohibited I have suggested that the officer or individule put their bio kit in the end. our bio kit is a set of gloves, CPR screen, alcohol swabs. Some officers carry rubber gloves. I doent know how much a latte is their but you could pack it full of quarters for coffee breaks, but if you want a great defense tool, then the 11" with pepper option is the most efficient non lethal weapon you can carry.

This is my unbiased and humble opinion.

Bael

Newly Enlightened
Ok Your starting to convince me Mr Teig. The next round is finding out where I can purchase one for Aus power supply and how much it will set me back.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i second the tigerlight...it sounds like it would fit your needs exactly.

Bael

Newly Enlightened
One more question, instead of a bio kit in the end could I put something heavy in there instead, like a led or brass slug? The reason being that I work twelve hour shifts and frequently come across large groups of miscreants in the middle of nowhere. I NEED to rely on my torch for defence as well as light. I have only had to the Mag twice for that pupose in two years but those two times saved me a lot of grief

Monsters_Inc

Banned
A Mag 2C ($AU39.95 at King of Knives) filled with 3 CR123A cells and a 6 cell bulb (or any 7.2V bulb) will light up the dark like daylight. On the other hand, your need for the light as a make-shift weapon may not make this such a good idea.

If you happen to get the Tigerlight, don't forget your local Jaycar would have step-up converters so you can use the 110V plug into a 240V power socket, probably cost you no more than $30-40.

Bael

Newly Enlightened
The Mag 2C sounds interesting if I can't afford the Tigerlite straight away. Are those batteries rechargable? Alternativly what about a 3D using the Battery out of my Magcharger which is 6volt and 2.2 amp hours and what sort of bulb would I need?