Blaster II Optics (30mm)

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a few pics of the new optics for the Blaster II. For comparison, the smaller Lumileds optics are included, for reference.

Blaster.II.Optics.1.jpg

Blaster.II.Optics.2.jpg

Blaster.II.Optics.3.jpg

Here is a beamshot of the new Blaster II using the new optics (right), in comparison to a Brinkmann 3AA, which uses the older optics.

Blaster_ELI_Comparisong_Beamshot.2.jpg

Some have inquired as to whether I will be selling these separately. I will only be selling them in the Blaster II.

Wayne J.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa! I can almost begin to imagine how much more brighter a 5W can be, paired up with that guy... Finally, a super uniform hotspot can be had that would put incandescents on the run.

Illuminated

Enlightened
Wayne,

I'm not sure how many of those button-topped cells they have left, but be advised that they are 37mm in length each, which is a bit more than 1/2 the length of a standard D-cell.

I have put (6) of those in a 4D MagLite, and added a custom-made 1" long spacer after the last cell before the tailcap goes on. I don't think (7) will fit, unless the I.D. of the tailcap were opened-up, and there wouldn't be much (if any) room for a spring.

There might be an advantage to using the flat-topped cells, depending on your space requirements.

Good Luck - John

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne,
6AA would be fine also... I could use 6 regular alkalines in a pinch. It is good to know that my ultimate bicycle headlight is coming to fruition. A 5 watt Blaster II for the headlight and the BB500 M*g on the helmet should light me up like a Christmas tree.
smile.gif
I will keep watch for when they become available.
Thanks

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne,
Will you be making custom Blaster II's with the 5watt high domes? Fill it up with 6 "half D" cells and burn some eyeballs
grin.gif
I know at this point that your main focus is to get the B2's out ... I guess we are never satisfied!

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by BentHeadTX:
Wayne,
Will you be making custom Blaster II's with the 5watt high domes? Fill it up with 6 "half D" cells and burn some eyeballs
grin.gif
I know at this point that your main focus is to get the B2's out ... I guess we are never satisfied!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Eventually, yes. Probably using 6AA batteries? I'll need to get ahold of some 1/2 D cells. I'll order some next week. I'd like to know how they work.

Wayne

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne, Try out those powerstream 1/2 D cells that lemlux has been talking about... I have a set of 5 in a magcharger and they Rock!!! They have been shown to hold up to 80 amp drain!
www.powerstream.com you might have to call them I am not sure that they are listed on the web site. They were from a canceled fighting robot order. Go to the robot battle battery packs under the "battery and packs tab on the left. they make both tabbed and button postive termination. i have the button terminated ones and they fit the magcharger like they were made for it.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
ElektroLumens,

I realize you won't sell the optics seperately (bummer
frown.gif
) but could you possibly do a beam comparison using NX05 and this 30 mm unit with the same LED and power source for a true, optic only, comparison?

Thanks, either way,

- Don

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Rothrandir:
he had them made and he is hogging them all to himself...

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't think so.... I boldly predict that a CPF member is going to step up and offer not only the larger size collimators but several other options too!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

BeamChucker

Newly Enlightened
Wayne, another battery idea would be for a 12 AA pack, (2x 6AA). That would give you two banks of 7.2V. You could have a special holder made or have 12AA rechargeable battery packs. With 2100mah AA's you could have 30Wh of juice for big time run time. This should fit in a package about the size of a 2D W~aglight.

StreamChucker

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Rothrandir:
he had them made and he is hogging them all to himself...

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually, the truth of the matter is, that I didn't have them made. A business partner discover them. You will see them coming out in another (or several other) flashlight, using the 5W emitter. I don't know if I have the liberty to announce the flashlight manufacturer, as they themselves have not publicly announced it themselves.

I do not have the liberty to sell them separately, or, you can be sure, I would.

Wayne J.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by StreamChucker:
Wayne, another battery idea would be for a 12 AA pack, (2x 6AA). That would give you two banks of 7.2V. You could have a special holder made or have 12AA rechargeable battery packs. With 2100mah AA's you could have 30Wh of juice for big time run time. This should fit in a package about the size of a 2D W~aglight.

StreamChucker
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nice idea, but I think it would take more than a 2D flashlight, more like a 4 D cell Mag light.

Wayne J.

BeamChucker

Newly Enlightened
Wayne, nope, not at all. If a 2D W~aglight could fit 4AA's in the tailcap it would be just long enough. Think about it. One of the most common mods is to put 3 C's in a 2D W~ag. C's are the same length as AA's. 4AA's can fit in a D body. It's making a thin enough holder that is the tough part, but if you make a shrink-wrapped battery pack it wouldn't be a problem at all. I've been on a search for a 2D light that will allow 4AA's to fit in the cap to do just this. I'm to the point of just having a cap made for my W`aglight so I can make this happen. I've got a Nordic 3D coming to check this out. Lemlux tells me it's close but not quite. I might get away with opening up a wee bit. It's very doable.

StreamChucker

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by StreamChucker:
If a 2D W~aglight could fit 4AA's in the tailcap it would be just long enough
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Unfortunatly, 4AA's will not fit in the tailcap...
frown.gif