I turned on my GREEN Orb Raw and WOW!!!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just opened my package from ORB in the UK; plugged in the battery charger and lost ONE of the magnets. fortunately it came with a "spare".

Then I noticed the RAW had a battery in it already charged up, so I turned it on! after reading about the RAW ,I knew what to do: first low power beautiful green then HI POWER scroching BRIGHT GREEN driven past 532nm but still BEAUTIFUL!. I compared it with my SUREFIRE GREEN L1 :touche: and it wasn't even close, the RAW smoked the L1!!!!!!

way to go Rob at Orb!! "I say ol chap jolly good show":goodjob:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also saw that RED 180 lumen RAW here at CPF

I have had a cell in the charger for 3 hours and the indicator is still on red, not the green light for a charged cell. :huh2: Is this normal? i jiggled it and it went green, that cell worked for 30 seconds then dead, :awman: now i'm charging another CR cell. Now the charger is working perfectly. I'll try that other battery again

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jay R said:
Good isn't it. Much brighter than the white. Now you can do your Hulk impersonation. DON'T MAKE ME ANGRY.
is it brighter than a white U bin?
if so that makes a good deal even better:rock:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
tsask said:
is it brighter than a white U bin?
if so that makes a good deal even better:rock:

It certainly appears brighter. The brightest board I have for my Orb has a K2 in it which out performs the U bin board I have and the green certainly 'appears' brighter. Probably something to do with wavelengths and eye perception or something. The colour is quite a 'lime' green. It's quite pleasing on the eye.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 180 lumen red Raw and indeed it is a retna scorcher, very nice color, just quite blinding!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I appreciate the info . That new K2 RAW is starting to look tempting...I am almost ready to get ANOTHER GREEN in K2!!:grin2:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I have a couple "dazzle" lights, one a 200+ Lm R/O (H2GH?) and the other a really bright green. (TXXH) My memory is foggy on the bins. I run the R/O on a 123 primary and the Green on a RCR123, both DD. Due to the Mk1 eyeball's response to green wavelengths, It appears as bright as U-class whites and beats the aforementioned R/O. It's surprising how much you can see in a desert brown environment with the green light!! I think greenLED's are underrated for useful illumination purposes. (Don't let it go to your head, greenHopper! :D )

Larry

lightrod

Enlightened
Anyone know what the mA draw is on the green LED Raw? How does it look/work in the woods?

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
tsask said:
I appreciate the info . That new K2 RAW is starting to look tempting...I am almost ready to get ANOTHER GREEN in K2!!:grin2:

Sorry, that's a home built job. Raw only comes with 1 or 3watt.