Splish splashing around

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always liked splash anodizing and Yaesumofo seems to like visiting anodizing shops and imposing on them to no end, so it was only natural that sooner or later we'd get together for a splash Groovy. :D

Here's our first sample:

splash-groovy-sample.jpg

Not quite what we wanted. A darker black and a brighter red was what we would have wanted.

So Yaesumofo found another shop with higher standards and they came up with this:

Splash-5.jpg

Only problem was that it was supposed to be Black and Gold, not blue and gold. Oh well. But the quality of the work is outstanding. Very nice feel to the surface finish.

So, once again Yaesumofo will ply his skills on getting yet another sample out of the shop. And hopefully it will look something like this:

Buck-Mark-Splash.jpg

These will be a very limited run, probably only 50 will be made, once we get the quality and color combo that we like.

Feedback on other possible color combinations is welcome, please.

javafool

Enlightened
I was just using my Groovy early this morning and was reminded how amazingly white and bright this flashlight is. I bought the version with lower power driver, 400mW or 500mW, I don't know. But I do know it is a beautiful and very impressive flashlight.

I like the first splash anno colors the best.

Terry