first ebay negatives

iced_theater

Enlightened
I bought some wood blanks from crazytricia on June 27th. After about 4-5 excuses and it getting to August I left her with four neutral ratings and asked for a refund since she couldn't seem to mail the wood.

Well she just now gave me negative feedback saying "Was seriously ill. Gave complete refund AND still sent the pen blanks" well I am still waiting for a refund since it's been in "pending" for a few days now and even though I didn't ask her to mail the blanks, she is doing it anyway (supposedly) yet I still don't have those either.

So if any of you happen to use a wood lathe, I'd keep away from crazytricia She also did the same thing to some other guy as well.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
what kind of wood blanks are you lookng for - size and type of wood. If they are for pens - do you need the hole predrilled?

iced_theater

Enlightened
Well I bought 96 pieces of assorted wood from her from 4 auctions. I was looking for pen blank size wood so 5" or so by 3/4" or whatever the standard is. I don't need the wood pre-drilled as I have a drill press. Here are the auctions I won 230000673732 , 230000678414, 230000680771, 230000683068 A lot of nice wood in there, it's too bad she couldn't mail them to me.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am doing a small project and I have few pieces of zebra wood left over, just a few, they are 4 3/4 long by 5/8 wide. I saw the number 4 and I thought you might be looking for just 4 pieces...

MScottz

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I got a negative for giving someone else a neutral. It just makes the other person look like a spiteful idiot. Anyone that takes the time to read the feedback can tell what happened. I always read the comments on negatives within the last 6 months if I want to buy something because I know people get unjustified feedback.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't sweat negatives that you can explain. It's a big world out there and a lot of the people in it are lazy, idiots, careless, or jerks.

Try hard not to collect ones that you _can't_ explain. You don't want to be the idiot/jerk.

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
its common practice, you like it or not :(

A friend of mine is ebay powerseller in USA and he once told me that he always wait for the purchaing party to post feedback, if they post neutral or negative he replies with a straight negative.

Then, if they buyer complains, they mutually withdraw the feedback and the powerseller keeps his record clean.

Pablo

Donovan

Enlightened
PEU said:
A friend of mine is ebay powerseller in USA and he once told me that he always wait for the purchaing party to post feedback, if they post neutral or negative he replies with a straight negative.
Pablo
This is exactly why as a buyer I will not give feedback until the seller does.. I WILL NOT be blackmailed or coerced! Also, it's silly that Neutral feedback would be automatic grounds for a negative return...

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the reason I'm against the feeback removal thing. They only recently introduced that. Before no one had a reason other than spite to leave absurd feedback. Now it's a tactic.

As a seller and I buyer I never like to be first to leave feedback, but you get used to it after a while. Buyers can cause a lot of trouble for sellers, something most people who only buy don't think about. You wouldn't believe the weird stuff people have pulled with me.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Running a retail store is a real eye opener. I suppose most customers are pretty honest but there are certainly exceptions.

It's true that some businesses are fly by night operations run by crooks but most businesses must please their customers or they won't have any and then they'll go out of business.

I buy fairly often on eBay but I always go there with my eyes open. I don't but expensive things there. I think I am pretty good at assessing the sellers, but I got fooled once. Fortunately I was able to get my money back. I've learned that having 100% positive feedback doesn't guarantee the seller isn't a slick con artist.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
eluminator said:
I've learned that having 100% positive feedback doesn't guarantee the seller isn't a slick con artist.
That's scary. :aaa: Recently, I made my first purchase from a buyer with no negative. :thinking:

greenLED

Flashaholic
eluminator said:
I've learned that having 100% positive feedback doesn't guarantee the seller isn't a slick con artist.
We learned that the hard way after a lady tried to scam my wife with some fake cosmetics... she pulled all sorts of lame excuses and fairy tales when we comfronted her, but it was really obvious she knew the product she was selling was not legit. At least she was half-decent and we got a full refund.

Between that and a "BNIB" humidifier we bought once (which had cat hairs and was filthy inside) :green: all of our eBay experiences have been good, and we've been on there since around 2000. (...and we got a full refund on the humidifier as well)

savumaki

Enlightened
I have only had one negative feedback from a so called 'power seller' that totally misrepresented a product up for bid. It was so far off base that I left him a negative to which he leaves a negative that I was slow pay "caution"!!!!
He would accept only MO (that should have been my clue) which I mailed the day after the bid closed and I said so in my rebuttal.

Bright Scouter

Enlightened
I've only had one negative experience also. Power seller that used stock photo and description of a Disney 16 piece dish set that was listed as LNIB. I looked at the photo, read the description. But missed the line at the very bottom of the listing in small font that said "missing one main plate".

She went ballisitic when I said that was pretty well misrepresented. She said she couldn't take a pciture of everything she sells. She did offer a refund, but shipping was over $20. so I sucked it up and lived with it. But her policy of not leaving feedback until it is left for her kept me from leaving a neutral or negative. I felt she deserved one. But it was also my fault for not catching the disclosure.