M4 question

Tango

Newly Enlightened
Well after several months of using a borrowed SF 8AX i've bin told i've got to give it back soon and so thought I would look on the net for something with the same or better output and while looking about i came across this site.

I've pretty much decided that i'm gona get a SF M4 (I already have a 6P which I carry on my belt but want somethin a bit more powerful to carry in my duty bag as well), but noticed on a couple of websites that theres two versions:- the M4-CB and the M4-HA.

What exactly is the difference between these two? as I can't really see much in the pictures or the descriptions that i've come across.

Protaeus

Enlightened
The CB has the fully crenulated bezel, ie. those little spikes which stick out the end. I believe the surefire website has pics showing both.

The latest HA version is fairly flat at the bezel end. Both versions are fully Hard anodized and are identical apart from these crenulations

Delvance

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF!

The M4-CB is basically where the front end of the flashlight, can be used to strike at someone due to the strike bezel installed on the light. If you head over to here

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/414/sesent/00

you'll see a photo of a normal M4 and an M4 CB. The CB is the one with the nasty looking "teeth" at the end of the light. Otherwise, they are exactly the same.

Edit - Woops, looks like Protaeus beat me to it!

Tango

Newly Enlightened
Thanks alot for such speedy replies and for confirming what I had kinda suspected.

Per Arne

Enlightened
I have the M4-HA and the crenellated bezel is quite flat and it stands quite steady while resting on its head. I recon the bezel on the CB is more similar to E2D's Bezel Head. I have put the SW02 Tailcap on it and the Beamshaper to protect the Bezel. Fits my slim hands very good, but the 2.5" Bezel Head makes it little bit "big" and unpleasant to carry on person. Still haven't got a proper holster for it...

Got an 9P Body + A19 one cell extender + Z59 Clickie Tailcap + Z44 Bezel + G&P G12 12V Xenon Lamp, 220 Lumen I think, and with the Beamshaper... but it feels much easier to handle as it is quite shorter and slimer...

I recon the lumen and the runtime on MN60 vs G12 is quite the same, 60min., except for the beamshape, 2.5" vs 1.25". The MN61 is 350 lumen, but only 20min.

PA