!!! bad ckecksum!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am using spybot S&D on my home PC. I did a search for updates and when I tried to download them I got a bad checksum message.
Would someone please tell me what that means? :awman:

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
It means you should download from "Safer Networking #1 (Europe)". At least that works for me. I don't know why the other sites are there. Those other sites always give me a bad download.

I suppose Safer Networking #2 and #3 would work too. I just never got past 1. Notice you can select the download site after you "Search for Updates", by the second button, just past the "Search for Updates" one.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
While on the subject, the downloads are the worst part of Spybot. Sometimes I have problems because I have a bad dialup connection, or because I inadvertantly tried to use one of those other sites. The downloading will hang and hitting the "Cancel" button has no effect. Sometimes I have to kill Spybot with a 2x4.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Happens to me as well now and then...I agree with eluminator - I just switch sites until I find a good one.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was using #1 but thanks for the tip. I'll try another site tab :sold: . This was a first for me.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more thing. I've noticed that Spybot changes the download site every time I run it. I've found that I need to change it back to "Safer Networking" or the download doesn't work.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
One time, IIRC, I had a download problem and found that there was a new release of the software--Just got a bad checksum notice only.

-Bill