My Fenix P1 had an unintentional 2 level set up...

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liberally applied DeoxIt all over the contacts and I still have a problem with my Fenix P1 "Two Staging". It won't go full brightness til I tighten it all the way.

Anyways, how do I fix this? BTW: is DeoxIt and ProGold ok on the O-Rings?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
GarageBoy said:
Anyways, how do I fix this?
Fix this? Fix what? It sounds like you have the closest thing to a P1T outside of Fenix's R&D. I've been trying to mod mine, but it's really not very reliable with the mod. Is your dim stage a useful brightness?

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
onthebeam said:
I've had the same thing happen with a Fenix L0P.
Mine too. If I give my L0P a 'normal' twist to on, half the time it lights up dimly. I'm leaving it that way. There may be a time when I'll need less light and more runtime from that thing. :)

It doesn't look like anyone wants you to fix it. They won't tell you how. :ohgeez: One of my Civictors came acting like this, but I fixed that one. I use it everyday and need it to work right... everytime.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wiped it all down, a little better. Is this stuff ok to use around my O-Rings? The neg contact severely oxided over since I applied Deoxit

Canuke

Enlightened
GarageBoy said:
Wiped it all down, a little better. Is this stuff ok to use around my O-Rings? The neg contact severely oxided over since I applied Deoxit

According to the guys here who did a two-stage mod using a resistor, the values that worked best also dissipated a lot of power in that resistance. I'd not be surprised that there was some severe localized heating going on with yours to give you that effect.

Deoxit is a contact <i>cleaner</i>, anyhow, not an oxidation preventer. As such I'd suspect it is only meant for removing oxides, not preventing them -- i.e. there shouldn't be any left on the contacts once you are done.

Last edited: