Lambda lights Mag Solitaire LED bulb finally available

el_vato

Newly Enlightened
This sounds a interesting. What do you guys think it'll compare to? Please post some pict's when you get it!

amanichen

Enlightened
Bertrik said:
I just noticed that the Mag Solitaire LED bulb from Lambda lights is finally for sale. See http://home.mchsi.com/~lambda_lights/solit.htm
(I'm not related to them in any way, just letting you guys know)
I've been waiting for a firm price and release on this thing. However, at the price of a solitaire and this LED combined, I think I'd rather buy a Fenix E1 for nearly the same price shipped.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not exactly available now. " Note: You may reserve modules by ordering now, however, due to our current move to our new location, order shipping will not begin until 15 Aug 2006. We will make every effort to be operational sooner so that we can ship earlier, but can make no promises at the moment with everything in crates and in transit]

Last edited:

dasanii19

Enlightened
amanichen said:
I've been waiting for a firm price and release on this thing. However, at the price of a solitaire and this LED combined, I think I'd rather buy a Fenix E1 for nearly the same price shipped.

Hmmm.... :)

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bertrik said:
Check this (old) thread called "Solitaire Led Plug and Play" (post #15 and #23)
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/110035
It has close-ups of the module and some beamshots made by user TrueBlue, who was apparently beta-testing this light.
Thanx Bertrik! Did you guys see the runtime graphs of this thing! almost 3hrs of brighter than the the MJLED and on a AAA! W00t!!

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
Cool! I have an old blue maglite solitaire sitting in a junk drawyer for years. I kept meaning to throw it out. Maybe now I don't have to.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered one. Looking forward to giving my Soli life, as it's the longest languishing light I have. That most of us have, probably.

Let's face it, folks. The Soli body design is a slick, neat package. Running an incan bulb on a single AAA, on the other hand, leaves something to be desired. I look forward to stoking mine into a real light once again.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey now, that looks pretty cool!
I wonder what led die is in that 3mm unit?
I hope it's a strong Cree, or newer Nichia.
If so, I might just get one. :)

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine yesterday! It's really neat. I wonder how the mag version will be.

Anyway it's no beam winner but it has more output that my Lambda Streamlight TURBO Key-mate but the beam isn't as nice.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine yesterday two very different tints on my two. I didn't have time to compare to any other lights yet though.

The head dosen't screw all the way down on the mag or the rayovac light in the pic.
C:grin2:

Last edited:

Nell

Enlightened
Maybe monday for mine to show up. I've seen this for awhile on Lambda's site and hopefully the postman has it in his bag.