Elektro Lumens 'StarLux', Royal Blue LS

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elektro Lumens \'StarLux\', Royal Blue LS

Just wondering if there is much interest in the Royal Blue Luxeon Star being mounted into the StarLux flashlight. I'll have another shipment coming in. I can mount other colors besides white. I was thinking about Royal Blue. The StarLux will have a lower price tag this next time around. It will also be black, using grade 3 anodizing.

StarLux.TripleStar.2.jpg

Wayne J.

rick258

Enlightened
Re: Elektro Lumens \'StarLux\', Royal Blue LS

Wayne - I would be interested in a royal blue version. If you make it, I will buy it. Thanks Rick

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by rick258:
Wayne - I would be interested in a royal blue version. If you make it, I will buy it. Thanks Rick
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Okay, I have one 1 watt RB, so at least I can make one that way. I can order more if there is any other interest.

Wayne J.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wayne,
I don't know if you caught my post after I got the light back you mounted the RB LS in for me, but I love this light. The glow powder you put around the LS is great too. Didn't know it was there until I took it into a dark room & turned it off. It does such a great job of chargeing the powder, I call it my Glow Blaster. Thanks again for such a great light. Now I need a 5W model. TX

Banshee

Enlightened

I could be pursuaded into a Royal blue light to further add to my spectrum of LED lights !!

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by txwest:
Wayne,
I don't know if you caught my post after I got the light back you mounted the RB LS in for me, but I love this light. The glow powder you put around the LS is great too. Didn't know it was there until I took it into a dark room & turned it off. It does such a great job of chargeing the powder, I call it my Glow Blaster. Thanks again for such a great light. Now I need a 5W model. TX
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, I read it. Thanks.

Glow Blaster? Hey, I like that name!
grin.gif

By the way, I have some 5W Royal Blue emitters coming! Yeeeee Haawwwwwwwwwwwww! I thought the 1 watt royal blue was plenty bright. I can't imagine what the 5W 120 lumens of royal blue is going to be like.
shocked.gif

Yes, the RB really charges the glow powder. I have some 395 UV LED's. I put 9 of them into a Blaster I. These LED's really super charge the glow powder super fast.

I ordered a bunch of 390nm ultra violet LED's. I'm thinking on including a free UV LED with each order of Strontium Aluminate.

Wayne J.

RickLux

Newly Enlightened

Hey wayne how much for the 5 watt rb. Doesn't the rb have blacklight effects to it?

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wayne,
If you could mount a 5W RB in a 2C Mag, & resister it to run on 9V, I'ld seriously consider buying it. Blue Mag if you can find it. TX

LoneRebel

Enlightened

Aside from charging up glow powder, is the rb emitter useful for anything else?

NightShift

Enlightened

I got my first RB star/o a few days ago...damn thats bright blue. I was seeing yellow spots after seeing the projected light. I just had my eye exam and I'm afraid of having to pay for another one a few days later
smile.gif
I can't imagine how bright the 5W would be.

Wayne - That looks very tempting. I am awaiting my emitter for a flashlight conversion. I'll give it a shot and if I fail you will be hearing from me
grin.gif

Rick - yes, it very much does have blacklight effects. Anything neon lights up brightly.

Oh and a question about the RB. I ordered it specified as a batwing (only available as this), but it has the NX-05 optics. I thought those optics only come on HD's?

Banshee

Enlightened

Any updates on availabilty of the RB light? In either 1W or 5w?

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by Banshee:
Any updates on availabilty of the RB light? In either 1W or 5w?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have a few 5W RB's and a 1W RB. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet? Probably a 3 L123 flashlight with the RB 5W. I'd sure like to know what it looks like?
grin.gif

I could put a 6AA battery holder in the StarLux. Boy, I bet that will be, um, bright?

Wayne J.

LoneRebel

Enlightened

Wayne, do you by chance still have some 6aa battery holders that you'd be willing to sell? I'd like to do a 5W mod and I'd hate to see how big a 6D cell maglite would be:)

Thanks

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wayne J,

The RB with 3 x 123 is SUPER Intense. I once looked into it's reflection on a white paper from 1 foot away for about 0.5 - 1 second and I had headache for an hour. It finally dawned on me what the dalmation effect is about. And that's with used 123s and a nx05 optics. The light was about 10 cm above the paper. The mere memory of it is uncomfortable so to speak. IF you are going to test it with full power 123s, I suggest you point at something 10 feet away MINIMUM so as to avoid any intense discomfort...

DO be careful when playing with 5 watt RBs.. It should not be taken lightly..

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by LoneRebel:
Wayne, do you by chance still have some 6aa battery holders that you'd be willing to sell? I'd like to do a 5W mod and I'd hate to see how big a 6D cell maglite would be:)

Thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'll be selling them from my website. $2.00 each. I've added some sort of modification instructions, and a photo of the finished product.

Wayne

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just finished mounting the 5 watt RB into the 2C aluminum flashlight. WOW!
shocked.gif
This thing is amazing!

I started a new thread on this flashlight.

Wayne J

Chromatophile

Newly Enlightened

Wayne;
I think I'm going to get a white StarLux, but I find the RB version.... tempting, to say the least. How much more would it cost? Also, will the new StarLux's only come in black? I think I like the blue finish better.

James

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wayne-

Since you can do a 6AA pack, my question is: would your 30mm optic work in this? If it does, then that would be close enough to what I want.

You know I want a 2d blaster body but that will have to be later unless we can do a 9AA/3d Blaster into a bb759 or Wizard.