Would you buy a Fenix P1 with a clickie?

dmz

Enlightened
Would you buy a Fenix P1 with a clickie? Twisty is nice and small but I would prefer a clickie.

ericg533

Newly Enlightened
I would like it with a clicky as well, as long as it could be locked out.

yalskey

Enlightened
I would absolutely buy the clicky... I've posted on several threads now about that very feature!!! It's better for one-handed operation I feel.

Kalinux

Newly Enlightened
No...No clicky at all..All I need is at least 3 brightness levels,"find me" and overdriven flash ..Why there is no flashlight with overdriven stobe(flash)...Runing the led very hard for 1/10 of a second should be safe and very useful

carrot

Flashaholic
Hmm, the L2P with optional CR123 body is pretty much a P1 with a clickie... so no, I like the P1 as is.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd take a 17670 body for the P1 head with a clickie switch on it. I'd even settle for a crappy Kroll.....

The P1 head runs extremely well on pretty much any battery you feed it, including AA Ni-MH.

Varmint1

Newly Enlightened
The L2P with CR123 body is quite a bit longer than a P1. I bought the combo hoping to make a P1 with a clicky. Not good.

dmz

Enlightened
P1 w/ clickie would = JetBeam Jet 1 w/ CR123 tube.

ColdLight

Newly Enlightened
For a light that is so small like P1, I prefer a twisty switch. My P1 head can be turned easily with one hand.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clickies tend to add length to a light. On a full size light it isn't a problem.

On a short light whose primary advantage is it's tiny size, it can defeat the whole purpose of the light.

So it would have to be done very well and small.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
heck yah... I believe that every edc should have a clicky and a clip, that way you can quicky get it out and activate it.

-david

yalskey

Enlightened
Cheapo is absolutely right!!! I couldn't agree more... well, I could but then the entire world would explode into a cosmic fireball of destruction; killing every living thing on earth and sending the other planets in our solar system flying off into oblivion... so I guess I really couldn't agree more with cheapo... unless you consider the above an option; in which case, you are crazy!!!

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
YES.
Twisties are more reliable but clickies are W A Y easier to use one-handed. Since everyone has his own opinion about this no manufacturer's ever gona satisfy everybody unless he offers both types. Actually all three types. The ones you have to hold in to keep the light on ,the ones you click once and the light stays on untill you click again ,and twisties.