Streamlight TLR-1

opskmallory

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up a new Streamlight TLR-1 weapon light. WOW! That is one bright SOB.

It's uses a single 3 watt, Luxeon white LED and is similar to the M3 weapon light, but is house in anodized aluminum, is waterproof and shockproof.

The light throws very well (80 lumens), and has a good flood on the outside. I've got it on my duty Glock 22 and I am very impressed with it. Anyone looking for a good weapon light, check it out. They are about $100 shipped.

If you want the laser version, the TLR-2 is available for about $230.00.

SIG

Newly Enlightened
Great light - I have the TLR-2 and am happy with on a Glock as well. Good spread along with a brightspot.

Does anyone know how this beam compares with the beam pattern, color, and brightness of a Gladius? I'm considering getting a Gladius.

Resq47

Newly Enlightened
I've been thinking a TLR-1 with RCR123's would be nice. Do they use a glass lens on these instead of the plastic on the M3? I'm always fighting haze and cleaning sims gunk off mine.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I played with one in a local store and it was quite nice. I'll tell my friend to look into the TLR-1 as he was thinking about a weapon-light for his Sig.

I'm curious to know also if it's a glass lens. I'm surprised the M3 uses plastic.

jeffroalpha700

Newly Enlightened
The operational manual says glass lens, although I kind of thought it was plastic. I have the TLR-2 on my G21 duty weapon. I love it.

Surprised the M3 had a plastic lens? I was never impressed with the product. That's what I was previously using. I am on my third bezel as they occasionally pop off when I was shooting. The TLR-2 on the other hand is absolutely awesome. I've been using it for several months and it has been wonderful during building searches.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
What sort of holster are we talking here? As much as I like having a light mounted to my Glock 22, I don't carry one at work as I could never find a duty holster that really works with it.

Latest posts