Orb or Orb Raw?

Jerb

Newly Enlightened
Been looking at buying an Orb over the L2T I've been eyeing based on the discussion of their green version in the LED section. I do have a few questions however, the ORB (3WATT) is UGLY! and its switch looks VERY impractical! the ORB RAW looks much better but its only 1 Watt (I'm really looking for a 3 Watt light)

so any one have beamshots of the Red/Green Orbs? which would you buy the Orb or the Raw? also can I put a 3 Watt board in a Raw?

also does anyone have any pictures of Orbs next to Fenix's? if any one has both could you do a quick beamshot of a fenix vs orb?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Orb RAW is available in both 1W and 3W versions (white LED only).
There's even a new K2 version which is Lumiled's latest and greatest 3W.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Jerb!! Welcome to CPF! The Raw is an very nice simple DD light! I have all the beamshots and shots next to a Fenix that you could possibly want. :)

Just click the link Beamshots in my Sigline :twothumbs

Jerb

Newly Enlightened
Wow! I posted this like 2 minutes ago and there are already responses!? Dont you guys (gals?) sleep?

thanks a lot for the beamshot post, Im thinking im going to go with teh raw (shots of the raw in action would still be sweet)

a minor drawback is that I mistook the Euro sign in the checkout for a Dollar sign (DOH!) so it might be a while before I buy one

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jerb said:
Wow! I posted this like 2 minutes ago and there are already responses!? Dont you guys (gals?) sleep?
It's more fun playing with our flashlights when the sun's down.:grin2:

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
Check out the Orb Raw Ns as well. Even smaller than the Raw and it has O-rings so it's waterproof (which the Raw definately is not). It is also a 3 Watt light and should be about the same brightness as the Raw. At £55 it's a little more expensive though.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
how 'bout a K2 Raw Ns on protected cells?:whistle: