Ledwave X-11 vs. Nuwaii Q3

dmz

Enlightened
Ledwave X-11 vs. Nuwaii Q3. Is the Ledwave X-11 really HA3? How do their clickies, beams and runtime compare?

Flic

Enlightened
Ledwave X-11 has a 1 watt emitter while the Q3 has a 3 watt unit. The lights are both re-branded units form a Taiwanese manufacturer. I don't feel the Ledwave/OMBU versions are worth the extra $$$. I'd stick with Nuwai.

Mad1

Enlightened
I've used an X-33 and it feels like HAIII.

I would say the Q3 is brighter because it's a 3W and the X-11 is only 1W

Out of the both though I would get the X-11 because of the HAIII the cool box it comes in and it's got more runtime possibly due to only being 1W.

FirstDsent

Enlightened
If the Ledwave is in fact HAIII, buy both. Swap the light engine and lenses. EDC the QIII with HAIII body, Lux III and glass lens. Make a type II anodized, plastic lensed, Lux I backup X-11.

For an EDC, I'd take bright over long runtime anyday. Someone who uses a flashlight quite a bit every day, and who needs longer runtime should use a 2-cell light anyway.

Use Li-Ion rechargable batteries, and keep them fresh. Just keep a backup primary cell in your car or in a belt holster for the rare occasion that you need extended runtime. There's no reason to worry about runtime. The Kydex holster with backup cell holder that LiteMania sells would be perfect.

Bernie

dmz

Enlightened
Can someone confirm that Ledwave X-11 is really HA3? Does the Ledwave X-11 come with a glass lense?